computer for test

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osirus065

Reaction score
So I am selling my vmax. This guy that wants to come and look at it says he has a computer that plugs in to bike port to see any problems. My bike is an 86 is there such a thing or im thinking this dude is shady

He can bring as many computers as he wishes.....no such animal exists.....not even an 07. The CLOSEST possible is 09 and up 2nd gen Vmax's (they are fuel injected).

Now, some people on here have an aftermarket ECU, and you can change timing maps..etc, and for that you will need a laptop, but those are even few and far between.

So.....I would tell him go ahead, bring his computer, and stand back and see what happens....then if he says something negative, tell him thats not really possible on carbureted bikes.

+1 for stupid. I'm a wiz with computers but wouldn't dream of plugging one into a Vmax xD

Sent from my LG-G3 using Tapatalk

:bang head::bang head::bang head: I had a GEN I that I could plug into the computer , A wild bros EFI system was required . yup I was stupid to think it would ever run right:bang head::bang head::bang head:

:bang head::bang head::bang head: I had a GEN I that I could plug into the computer , A wild bros EFI system was required . yup I was stupid to think it would ever run right:bang head::bang head::bang head:
Damn Rick, I had forgot all about your issues with the WB EFI! It seems our Italian friends have given up the fight as well with no reports in a long, long while.
RIP Bill!

I have one of those computers, too. It has a blinker fluid reservoir and is mostly used to monitor the clearances on the carb chains.

Just be sure to post a video. Does he even know what a V-max is?

Maybe he wants to talk your bike down 'cause it doesn't have a port to check for problems . I'd tell him it is worth more money 'cause it doesn't have one like all the rest out there. :rofl_200:

If he has the dynatech ignition you could plug into the gen 1- sorta.

Sean

Back