Concealed carry

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana vmax

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm guessing some of you carry a firearm while you ride. I am looking for holster recommendations.
Any info is welcome, thank you.

I dont know the name of my shoulder holster anymore. I had it far too long that all markings are gone. While some carry light, I carry a 1911 with 2 extra mags. I tried leg holsters and hip holsters in the past but was never confident that the gun would stay in the holster during a spirited turn or a bump. Shoulder holsters in my opinion are the only way to go on a bike.

I've checked out the sneaky pete, I think I am leaning toward shoulder/chest holster. I have a kimber tle ultra 2
pretty small but I also don't want it tumbling down the highway. I appreciate everyone's input.

Elastic waistband holster seems to be the most comfortable and easiest to access for a 1911.

I’m too skinny to “conceal” a 1911. Tried. Didn’t work.

LOL, well, you can always pack on a few more pounds, LOL. Kidding. Smaller gun or simply not care that anyone notices that you are carrying a 1911. And since you are in AZ....you can open carry, right? That may be an option when riding.

I always wear my leather jacket while riding. Its not loose nor is it tight. With my shoulder holster, you would never know I had a 1911. By the way, I am 6' tall somewhere in the 200 lb range. Not fat, but not skinny either.

Since I live in Montana I think will just open carry. I did pick up a Galco IWb holster, but I think for riding I will belt holster. On another note I had hunch we might be firearms fans as well. Great bunch this, thanks for all of your input.

I’m too skinny to “conceal” a 1911. Tried. Didn’t work.
That's what I really liked about the M&P series from S&W: they're about the same size as a 40 caliber / 9mm but it's still a 45. The grip is just a tad shorter and the barrel is just a bit shorter. Not much, but it does make a difference.

In fact, my shoulder holster was actually made for a 40 caliber police issue but it works fine with my 45 S&W.

I often open carry - as it is in fact allowed in Arizona. I am not crazy about the stares from women and small children, but it is what it is.

My open carry "beater" is a Sig P250 .45. Concealed is usually a G26 (King Tuk) and sometimes an LCP with an outstanding "wallet" holster. Firearm stays in the unit and is fully functional and accessible. It prints JUST LIKE A WALLET in the back pocket! I don't remember the manufacturer, but it's the most clever holster for concealed carry I've ever seen. Only an LCP, Kimber Micro or similar would work in this fashion.

If you're comfortable with just a .380 carry, one of the best options out there in my opinion.

This isn't the one I have, but it's very similar:

Link to holster

Check out alien gear holsters. Priced very reasonably, 1/3 the cost of similar holsters. Guaranteed for life. Everything is adjustable. I have 10 of them and they are great. I can conceal a compact .45ACP 1911 with a loose t-shirt and be comfortable. A good belt is a MUST for IWB.

I wish we could carry guns, they must be so much easier to conceal than swords

Latest posts

Back