Connecting rods and pistons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
Hey guys just was wondering if you could give me a bit of info on where to find parts and if they are needed? I am putting together a new turbo setup and am going to rebuild the whole motor this time and do it right. I am figuring the power is going to be in the 180-200 horse range running a turbo. I need to find a source for low compression pistons first off, something strong that can take some pressure would be good. Probably about 8:1 on the pistons I am thinking. Also however, do you think that carrillo rods would be necessary or not? I dont really wanna spend the 1000 bucks if i dont have to, but I would hate to tear a rod out too. Thanks guys!

Unfortunately, what you are looking for are two mutaully exclusive things. Thats the cost of going fast. Sure you might get away with shotpeened rods for a short while but the days are numbered. Why not put a shout out here for the forged rods and pistons you are seeking. You never know what these guys have squirelled away.

Yeah talk to Sean. I think he has Arias available. You also can get JE or Wiseco. Sometimes some carrillo showup brand new on Ebay for less but that is a gamble...

We have many brands! Arias, Diamond, Ross, and can get most of the others!

Sean

Back