Controls Decals / Labels / Stickers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65Corvair

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed and I've searched the forums and web but cannot locate replacement decals for the hand controls. I have restored my controls and painted them. I would love to complete the look by installing the replacement stickers. I found some that claim they have all the decals that the bike had but I never got a response from them. Most of the stickers I don't care about but the hand controls would complete the look. think a P-Touch would look crappy.

The advantage to a P-touch sign set is that you can replace 'em fairly easily whenever they start looking ragged.

A question, where have you been for the last seven years? Polishing your Corsa? I had a '63 Spyder (for those of you whippersnappers who may not-know, the Corvair was one of the first Detroit cars to be turbocharged from the factory, and its output was > 1 HP/cubic inch). All Spyders were 4-speeds in 1962-3. The power to displacement ratio was better-than a 'fuelie' '57 Corvette with its Rochester mechanical fuel injection. The Corvair turbo used a Carter YF carburetor upstream of the turbo.

Grizzled old-guy question for the young'uns: One of the most-famous of the carburetors for muscle cars in the 1960's was the Carter AFB. What does the "AFB" stand-for? No-fair googling!

Mine was a convertible, w/the turbo.

Corvair Spyder 1964 164 cu.in.-150 HP.jpg

Last edited:
The advantage to a P-touch sign set is that you can replace 'em fairly easily whenever they start looking ragged.

A question, where have you been for the last seven years? Polishing your Corsa? I had a '63 Spyder (for those of you whippersnappers who may not-know, the Corvair was one of the first Detroit cars to be turbocharged from the factory, and its output was > 1 HP/cubic inch). All Spyders were 4-speeds in 1962-3. The power to displacement ratio was better-than a 'fuelie' '57 Corvette with its Rochester mechanical fuel injection. The Corvair turbo used a Carter YF carburetor upstream of the turbo.

Grizzled old-guy question for the young'uns: One of the most-famous of the carburetors for muscle cars in the 1960's was the Carter AFB. What does the "AFB" stand-for? No-fair googling!

Mine was a convertible, w/the turbo.

View attachment 75896
FM does it again! I always learn something from or Google something pertaining to your fascinating posts .

We've simply used black with white letters on a label maker.

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_153437.jpg
    IMG_20200820_153437.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200930_153625.jpg
    IMG_20200930_153625.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 29
Does anybody know of any inserts for the back of the small sissy bar for a Gen II. Maybe something that can be fabricated. It looks boring without! We are hooligans and it looks naked!

Attachments

• 20210416_184823.jpg
    20210416_184823.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back