Controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
I'm looking for new controls for my bike and ran across a set I like but they are for a gen2. :( what is the difference? Can I still run them or do I have to mod something. The link is below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151971769086

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to freshen up the look and would like to replace the units.

They're pretty much the same as the ones I posted a link for. Just looking to see if they will fit and work, I've thought of the other style with the cups but I want to stay away from bar end mirrors

They had two ones on there. One was for a gen 2 and the other for a gen 1. I tried contacting them. They said read the application chart. Thanks China for the help. Real sharp for $140 or so

Need to know the bore size to know if they will work. Stock is 5/8" which equals around 15.9mm.

You can drop down as low as 14mm on the clutch. I haven't tested the brakes with a smaller size. The lever would not be as firm as stock and require more travel for the same stopping power if using a smaller master

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bore size of what? The handle bar bore?

Bore size of what? The handle bar bore?

Yes. That commands how much fluid gets pushed into the slaves. The narrower it is the easier is to pull the lever but it needs more travel to have the same effect and vice versa. It's especially important on the brakes as the size of caliper matters as if it has more pistons needs more oil and so on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, not handle bar diameter.

The bore size relates to the piston that moves the fluid inside the master cylinder. Stock units are stamped 5/8.

A small change in bore has a dramatic effect on clutch actuation and braking power.

Yeah, I was just looking at that and quickly figured out what he was talking about. I'm trying to find what the linked ones are but limited on answers

The bore size relates to the piston that moves the fluid inside the master cylinder. Stock units are stamped 5/8.

A small change in bore has a dramatic effect on clutch actuation and braking power.

Are both 5/8" by chance?

Yes. That commands how much fluid gets pushed into the slaves. The narrower it is the easier is to pull the lever but it needs more travel to have the same effect and vice versa. It's especially important on the brakes as the size of caliper matters as if it has more pistons needs more oil and so on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LOL. Correct. I misread it. The master is like a syringe and he's talking about the diameter of the piston on that "syringe"

So if I were to drop from the stock 16mm to the 14 mm, would I still have enough pressure to operate the clutch, and brake?

Back