Converting To L.E.D Lighting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Hey guys i just purchased a set of marker lights for maxine. I opted for billet case and black lens. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...00005402639&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Im wanting to convert them to led lights because i just LOVE how fast they turn on and off. Theres such a unique look to it, and they are so much brighter/safer? I know ill have to controll the blink rate somehow and have no clue where to start on that.

I found a neat site that has direct replacement bulbs that have just been fashioned into led. Has anyone ever had any experience with these type of bulbs?

Heres the site: http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/bulb_replacement.htm

One other thing that worries me is what it says right on the front page:

Please note the following:

-Use only where the bulb faces the lens directly.
-Use the same color LEDs as your lens.
-These bulbs are designed for power reduction purposes only.
-They do not produce more light than a standard light bulb and in some cases will produce less light based on the type of lens and
distance from the lens to the LEDs.
-For "Show Use" only.
-Use of an LED bulb in a turn signal may require use of a "load equalizer

So so so so so what do you guys think? Peace

Hey Clint,

I just recently installed a set of LED turn signals. They are from a German company called Kellermann http://www.kellermann-online.com .

I installed the Polo Micro blinkers (only seen on the German side of the page under kooperationsprodukte) and they are ***BRIGHT***
I had to install load equalizers, but that was very easy. I got some 10 ohm 25 watt wire-wound precision resistors. The metal can type, not the ceramic kind! I wired them in parallel with the rear blinkers. (In between the Hot and Ground wires.) Without them all four blinkers would illuminate, but not blink. With them only the desired side blinks, albeit a little faster than normal but not too much.

If I decide to do the same to the fronts then the blink speed will probably reduce to normal again. There's not too much room in the headlight shell anyway, so I will probably leave it.

I hope that this has helped some.

-Lee- said:
Hey Clint,

I just recently installed a set of LED turn signals. They are from a German company called Kellermann http://www.kellermann-online.com .

I installed the Polo Micro blinkers (only seen on the German side of the page under kooperationsprodukte) and they are ***BRIGHT***

I had to install load equalizers, but that was very easy. I got some 10 ohm 25 watt wire-wound precision resistors. The metal can type, not the ceramic kind! I wired them in parallel with the rear blinkers. (In between the Hot and Ground wires.) Without them all four blinkers would illuminate, but not blink. With them only the desired side blinks, albeit a little faster than normal but not too much.

If I decide to do the same to the fronts then the blink speed will probably reduce to normal again. There's not too much room in the headlight shell anyway, so I will probably leave it.

I hope that this has helped some.

are they bright in the morning? I've seen micro blinkers before on a max that were not visible in day light and the guy had a ticket for that.
I know German made stuff is always amazing . do they make strobe turn signals?
Thanks
________
digital scales

Last edited:
Ibrahim,

The only time they are not bright is when they are off. Maybe I should take some Daytime/sunshine pictures so that all of you can see what I mean.

I do not understand what you mean with strobe turn signals. Aren't all turn signals, by nature, strobes?

-Lee- said:
Ibrahim,

The only time they are not bright is when they are off. Maybe I should take some Daytime/sunshine pictures so that all of you can see what I mean.

I do not understand what you mean with strobe turn signals. Aren't all turn signals, by nature, strobes?

To my understanding strobe is like camera flash not led or regular bulbs so no turn signals are not strobe by nature.
________
Honda CRF100

Last edited:
Back