Cool background music

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you use music streaming services like Pandora or Spotify or the like, but the biggest thing I appreciate about those services is it introduces me to new bands I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. For those of you who do you use these services, I'm sure you've probably found a new band or batch of songs you really like that you discovered through them.

One band I recently discovered that I've enjoyed having on my rides or playing in the background while I work is "If These Trees Could Talk." They're just do instrumental music but it's pretty darn good in my opinion. I'm a die hard Rush fan and now that they've retired from touring, I know seeing new songs from them in the future is going to be on the slow decline. So I need to find bands that can fill the void.

None of these guys are monster musicians like Rush, but their music does remind me of some of my personal favorite Rush songs like La Villa Strangiato.

Have you found any cool bands others may not be familiar with?

Here's a taste of this band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJb0xAHlIlI

Listening to it now, nothing like Rush...so thank God! I like it so far.

Let's talk about the shirt the guitar player is wearing. Baroness, Purple album. Absolutely awesome. I just saw Baroness in NYC a month or two ago and in hindsight would have payed many times what I did for the tickets.

If you want something different that I find helps with work productivity / problem solving try Piano Guys radio on Pandora. All instrumental like the one you mentioned above. I am going to check it out in a little bit.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation Tex. Checking out the Piano Guys now. Since I had to look them up I saw the recent news where one of the Piano Guys daughter has gone missing and they've recently called off the search. Man that's tragic. :(

I stumbled across The Bambi Molestors (modern surf rock, GREAT stuff!), pg.lost, Front Line Assemblys album Air Mech (AMAZING!, no other words needed) and my personal favorite, Au4

Long time Pandora listener here, Philip Wesley is my 'go to' station, lots of piano new wave-ish stuff. Introduced to many previously unheard of solo artists & groups.
Good stuff Kronx! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back