cool old ads from the '70's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
If you've been around awhile, you may recall these companies, and their products. Cool to look at this stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The Tracy bodies were something that made the Japanese 4 cyl. bikes of the day look like spaceships, compared to a stock wasp-waist tank Triumph twin. The Triumph short track bikes sometimes had this style of bodywork, which I think in the formative stages, was probably the design impetus for the Tracy one-piece tank/seat/fender design.

I like the fact that the Tracy advert is almost all hand drawn. Almost as if you can imagine them having a bike shop and tattoo parlor in the same building.

The guy I bought my Buell from last summer had a Tracy bodied Honda 500/4 in the garage with some snazzy black panther paint job! It was so 70's it hurt

"What is old, is new-again."

The March 2017 issue of Cycle World has a custom DT-07 Yamaha twin, done by Jeff Palhegyi, that looks very-much like a Tracy one-piece tank/seat/rear fender. It's the cover feature story. CW's input: please build this, Yamaha!

Palhegyi was so-motivated by the design exercise he was commissioned to build for Yamaha, he built a street-legal version for himself. Pics below are of the Yamaha concept bike. Looks like CaptainKyle's recent VMax paint job, yes? Well, that's a 1970's paint pattern Yamaha used across its line for awhile
and I've got a vintage Yamaha tank top to prove it.
Yamaha-DT-07-Flat-Tracker-Concept-AIMExpo-2-590x393.jpg

Yamaha-DT-07-Flat-Tracker-Concept-AIMExpo-3.jpg

The guy I bought my Buell from last summer had a Tracy bodied Honda 500/4 in the garage with some snazzy black panther paint job! It was so 70's it hurt

Latest posts

Back