Cool shots of Vmaxs at Deals Gap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There are some good shots of the gang of Vmaxs' that went to ride the Dragon on killboy.com. Here is a good shot of a knee dragging corner!:banana:

02349.jpg

Attachments

• 02349.jpg
    02349.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I so wanted to be up there for that this weekend, especialy since it's only about a 2 hour ride from my house.

Alas, I stayed home and continued with teaching my wife how to ride her bike.

Next year, I'll definitly make it back to the gap for this. Though I don't think I'll be trying out any of that knee draggin shit, lol.

vmax's cant corner.......thats not what those pics say!!!!

Who is the tard riding the dragon in shorts? Hope its no one from here

Hey guys. New here!! :eusa_dance:

I went to the Gap in June with the R1 Forum......I'm a previous R1 owner who switched to his dream bike of a 2006 Vmax.

If you haven't been to the Gap ya gotta go at least once. It is amazing!! :th_image003:

Attachments

• 61200079 (Medium).JPG
    61200079 (Medium).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 28
Bogie said:
Hey guys. New here!! :eusa_dance:

I went to the Gap in June with the R1 Forum......I'm a previous R1 owner who switched to his dream bike of a 2006 Vmax.

If you haven't been to the Gap ya gotta go at least once. It is amazing!! :th_image003:
It's quite a contrast in bikes, I used to ride a GSXR1000 before picking up a VMax. How do you like the difference?

Buster Hymen said:
It's quite a contrast in bikes, I used to ride a GSXR1000 before picking up a VMax. How do you like the difference?

Its a completely different style of riding. I love the Vmax. I have ridden other peoples before and have always wanted one.

I am having surgery on my shoulder for a second time in Oct. and hopefully this time they can get it to be stronger and more stable.

If they can then I will keep the max for sure but I will probably look for a used R1 and run it strictly for Track Days.

On a side note. I installed the T-Boost system this weekend...............very disappointed.......no noiticable difference. :damn angry:

Bogie said:
On a side note. I installed the T-Boost system this weekend...............very disappointed.......no noiticable difference. :damn angry:
Good and truthful observation. :clapping:

Buster Hymen said:
There are some good shots of the gang of Vmaxs' that went to ride the Dragon on killboy.com. Here is a good shot of a knee dragging corner!:banana:

02349.jpg

Where are the smaller rear turn signals from, I want a set.

mikemax04 said:
Good and truthful observation. :clapping:

really? I can definately notice that T Boost is kicking in at 3K with mine. I think its more noticable then when it kicks in at the normal 6k

"really? I can definately notice that T Boost is kicking in at 3K with mine. I think its more noticable then when it kicks in at the normal 6k"

Dottos on that!!! I have the T-boost on often and think its a great addition to any mostly stock Max. I don't get into the upper rev ranges too often as the low end push afforded by the T-boost means Mr. Max is pulling away easily without spinning the motor up to the normal V-boost open range( It only starts to open at 5800RPM.)
Are you sure it's opening at all?????? Electrical connections can be "trouble".
Lew

Lew L said:
"really? I can definately notice that T Boost is kicking in at 3K with mine. I think its more noticable then when it kicks in at the normal 6k"

Dottos on that!!! I have the T-boost on often and think its a great addition to any mostly stock Max. I don't get into the upper rev ranges too often as the low end push afforded by the T-boost means Mr. Max is pulling away easily without spinning the motor up to the normal V-boost open range( It only starts to open at 5800RPM.)
Are you sure it's opening at all?????? Electrical connections can be "trouble".
Lew

Yeh.....I watched the servo-motor move. It opens at 3k in position 1, not at all in position 2 and 6k in position 3.

Not sure whats up. Maybe it just my fat butt slowing the bike down??:rofl_200:

We'll see what happens next year. Gonna get a K&N Filter, Kerker 4 into 1 and Stage 1 Jet Kit.

Last edited:
KRL0215 said:
really? I can definitely notice that T Boost is kicking in at 3K with mine. I think its more noticeable then when it kicks in at the normal 6k

I've heard a lot of pros and cons on the 3K T-boost. I too feel something (small) and that may be due to a very short lag as the boost opens because of the extra fuel it's getting. Only way to really tell is by Dynamometer (pre 6K) and I have seen no comparisons posted anywhere. I guess the main thing is, those that can feel it and are happy with it's performance, are better off than the likes of me that can't feel any additional power. :eek:hyeah00:

I would only mess with vboost if running stage 7. Open it up in that case!

bogie, i would just go with the kerker and a stage 7, forget the stage 1

Bogie, you're correct. If you like the kick in the pants feeling at 6000 then leave the Boost stock. But, when I turned mine on full time the idle sound is out of this world! Also, I get an instant kick in the pants everywhere in the rev range down to 1500 rpms.

Back