coolant drain valve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16790

Reaction score
I noticed a drop of water at the coolant drain valve so I suspect the o-ring to be worn, can anybody tell me where to get a new o-ring for this in the UK as 'fowlers' only list the complete assembly, I'd like to have the part before taking it apart if possible, it is only a seepage at the moment but no doubt it will just get worse,
also how does the valve come apart, my manual shows me nothing about it, thank you

I bought a bunch of O rings from HF that were in a kit. I can’t remember what the name of them is but they are the more expensive ones, I think they start with a D sorry. I just had to do mine, I ended up removing the valve cock from the bike because I could not get the stem out due to my exhaust header. I took the Phillips screw out and pulled the stem out from the housing, you must be careful as there is a little ball and spring inside of the stem you don’t want to lose. I then matched up the O rings and re assembled. I replaced both of the O rings, if you pull it off “the whole housing there is another one on the left near the bolt you need to remove “ it’s a really simple fix that cost me about 10$ you may want to get some anti freeze because you are going to lose some when you pull it out. I did put fresh anti freeze in and made sure I burped it as well. I think I covered it but maybe others will chime in with something I missed. There was also an article or write up on it with pictures that I cannot remember how I found, sorry. Good luck, be safe.

I noticed a drop of water at the coolant drain valve so I suspect the o-ring to be worn, can anybody tell me where to get a new o-ring for this in the UK as 'fowlers' only list the complete assembly, I'd like to have the part before taking it apart if possible, it is only a seepage at the moment but no doubt it will just get worse,
also how does the valve come apart, my manual shows me nothing about it, thank you
I bought 2 of the nr. 30 shown on the attached picture. That should do it. Have you sorted out the assemble of the drain cock valve?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413_155759.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413_155759.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 26
thank you for the information, I will take it apart and measure up the o-ring size but it hasn't shown any more signs of leaking since I dried it so I'll try and wait until I do a simple service on it,
I have replaced that number 30 0-ring when my thermostat leaked, is it the same size as the drain valve one ?

Latest posts

Back