Coolant hoses

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmax1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Well today I finished hooking all of the connections up and fixing 2 coolant leaks after installing my engine with an upgraded trans. Took it for a ride everything went well until I pulled into my driveway. Coolant running out the front.:bang head: Upon inspection I found the bottom radiator hose with a pin hole. I need a lower radiator hose if anyone has one for cheap until I can order new hoses. Which brings me to my second question. Anyone have experience with the silicone hoses you see on E-bay? I see some from China and another set from great Britain. Is one better than the other? They are the red ones which help move the water thru the engine faster.:rofl_200:

You can check a box on the left side of Ebay's page to search for U.S. auctions only. As of this morning I found 7 listings in the U.S. for the coolant hose sets. The lowest price set was around 53 bucks.

Flow is a factor of volume and pressure from the pump and the hose diameter. Unless you change the hose's diameter from stock, I don't see how these hoses increase flow in a (real world) measurable way without varying the diameter of the hose - I am sure there is a small variance in the flow rate due to the coefficient of friction on a liquid when you compare standard automotive rubber hose against silicone, but I doubt the end user would be able see any difference. The frictional differences would only be at the outer contact areas of the fluid stream with the bolus unaffected.

You can check a box on the left side of Ebay's page to search for U.S. auctions only. As of this morning I found 7 listings in the U.S. for the coolant hose sets. The lowest price set was around 53 bucks.

Flow is a factor of volume and pressure from the pump and the hose diameter. Unless you change the hose's diameter from stock, I don't see how these hoses increase flow in a (real world) measurable way without varying the diameter of the hose - I am sure there is a small variance in the flow rate due to the coefficient of friction on a liquid when you compare standard automotive rubber hose against silicone, but I doubt the end user would be able see any difference. The frictional differences would only be at the outer contact areas of the fluid stream with the bolus unaffected.

WTF dude!... Come back down to Earth. :biglaugh: The max pressure you should expect is around 1 bar which is 1 atmosphere or 14.7 PSI, well max is double of the ambiente pressure which is not much, after that the filler cap under the right scoop will open allowing to overflow to the reservoir under faux tank cover. Any coolant hose even the crappy ones should be able to withstand it unless they are defective which i guess its the case. Theres no fixing, you need to replace it. Do not overtighten the clamps, just a snug fit. Especially the end that connects to the thermostat plastic cap. Ask me how i know that.

The red hose comment is sarcasm. As in the red vmax is faster then the others.

What is the correct size of vmax 1200, radiator hose?
2ply?
Or 3ply?
Which one is better?
Thank you

Latest posts

Back