Coolant in my oil?????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bike was dying on me when coming to stops,idle was erratic
Did you form an opinion that the wiring loom recall was the resolution to this?
Was it engine temp related, i.e. progressively worse as the engine reached operating temp?

I know this is an old thread but what probably happened here is a previous owner probably ran motul 300v in it which is known in the sport bike world to be the best oil available. It’s green oil.
That's what I run in all of my sportbikes and the first thing I thought off when green dye was mentioned...plus it smells like bananas!

Coolant and oil would show beading/separation too.
Very true plus in my experience any moisture in oil has always appeared a milky grey color rather having water or coolant in the oil. This motul 300v oil is a bright green, I have no idea why they made it like that but it is very well known to be the best of the best racing oil on the market. Motul doesn’t recommend it for the normal oil change intervals and I’m not sure if it’s because of not having detergents in the additive package or what. Many people run it with normal oil change intervals anyway though and I would also trust it as well if it wasn’t so expensive. Lol definitely great stuff. I’ve had great luck with mobile 1 10w40T and amsoil 10w40 metric myself. I’ve not decided what’s going into the vmax yet. Perhaps something a bit higher viscosity.

Last edited:
That's what I run in all of my sportbikes and the first thing I thought off when green dye was mentioned...plus it smells like bananas!
I’ve considered it but have never tried it myself. I’m sure it’s the real deal and wish it was easier to get. I don’t trust ordering it on Amazon or eBay due to the possibility of it not being the real deal.

Wondering if anyone who owns a 2nd Gen Vmax has experienced or heard of this? I purchased the bike for a good deal from a dealership. I noticed the coolant was low but didn't think too much of it. Upon changing the oil, I observed a greenish tint to the oil and odor of what appears to be antifreeze. Not a happy camper. What do you guys think, head gasket? I cannot seem to find a post or example of this occurring on the new VMAX. I found oil in the coolant threads, but no coolant in the oil threads.

Also, the clutch seems to have a very long dragged out grab (which could explain the coolant affecting the clutches maybe?) - The bike only has 7,200 miles.

I appreciate any input, ideas or knowledge on this matter.

Thanks.
I will call Yamaha USA and see what they say they have office in sanfrancisco
Gorki

I’ve considered it but have never tried it myself. I’m sure it’s the real deal and wish it was easier to get. I don’t trust ordering it on Amazon or eBay due to the possibility of it not being the real deal.
Some of the folks on here have used it in their bikes and seemed to suffer from clutch slippage issues if I remember correctly. Like you, I use the Mobil 1 10W-40T in the VMAX.

Latest posts

Back