Coolant Leak any Tips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK3333

2000 VMX1200M
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my Max out for a ride the other day and stopped by my parents house. My Pop took it for a spin and when he came back I noticed coolant leaking out of the P hole in the bottom of the water pump housing. After further inspection I noticed scratches and scrape marks on the water pump housing cover and scrape marks and a dent in the muffler.:bang head: WTF. I asked Pop what happened and all he did was smile and say I didn't dump it. :confused2: He obviously side swiped something. The coolant only leaks out of the P hole in the bottom of the water pump housing and only when the bike is running. Any ideas on what could be causing this and what I could expect when I take it apart to find and fix the problem. This bike has never leaked a drop of anything before and was damn near mint condition. BTW, I am also now in the market for some engine guards.

I assume your talking small weep hole at bottom? Need to remove housing and replace mechanical seal for sure.

You will need:

#8 11H-12438-00-00 Mechanical seal
#18 3JP-12449-02-00 Housing gasket
#23 93210-27194-00 Elbow O ring
#13 214-11198-01-00 Drain plug crush waher

Optional
#7 93101-10090-00 Oil seal

If your coolant is relatively new then drain into a clean container and re-use.

picture.php

yea, it's the small weep hole. Thanks for the replys. Now I can have the parts ready before I take it apart.

Back