Coolant Pipe Elbow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I am going to replace my coolant pipe elbow with a Otec piece and wanted to know what all is involved. It looks like the manifold needs to be loosened up or even removed and the old elbow is just held on with O-rings. Am I missing anything more? I was going to change the coolant anyways so the MM made me go to Exactrep to buy the bling part.

I am going to replace my coolant pipe elbow with a Otec piece and wanted to know what all is involved. It looks like the manifold needs to be loosened up or even removed and the old elbow is just held on with O-rings. Am I missing anything more? I was going to change the coolant anyways so the MM made me go to Exactrep to buy the bling part.

Just took mine off last night. Took the pump side off to rebuild. Pipe is just sandwiched in between that and t-stat housing with o-rings. I don't think the t-stat housing comes off the block but not sure.

just rebuilt my pump too, you'll need to take the pump off (good time to R&R it?), to get to it but then you're home free. it was stuck on pretty good on mine.

I assume that it will require a gasket/ yamabond to reinstall.
I picked up the black anodized one Rusty. Total cost shipped (with a t-shirt) ~$150

+1^
especially with a stock seat. The "squareness" of certain OEM pieces will complement that elbow nicely!!
How often do you guys change your coolant?

I received my coolant pipe elbow from Exactrep on Saturday, now that was quick. It's a nice piece and now to install it. I hope that when I when I do I don't cause a leak for the cooling system!:biglaugh:
Here are the obligatory pics!

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 38
That's sharp Brian. Gonna look really nice on Redbone. :clapping:

Yamaha had a hell of a time getting paint to stick on the oem plastic and those white speckled elbows can make a class bike look terrible imo.

Thanks Danny, I didn't want to mess with that stock pipe anymore. After Sean painted my engine I don't think it was 500 miles and there were stone chips on it. I tried keeping it painted but finally gave up. This anodized piece should hold up much better!

I replaced the elbow by removing the coolant manifold which I thought was easier since I was doing a coolant change and adding some colorful LMC coolant hoses. It looks good, ok it looks great!
I'll get some pictures up when I get all the work done.

Back