coolant system o-rings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16790

Reaction score
after going out for a ride yesterday where all was well, I went into the garage today to find a small pool of coolant on the floor, I worked out it was coming from the thermostat housing so after getting it all apart I find the o-ring is very flattened, along with the ones in the elbow joint that goes into the housing,
I have managed to find those three o-rings on line and I have ordered them, but I can't find any info on the small one that goes into the front of it, the one in there is not round in cross section as it has an angled inner surface, is it deformed or is it meant to be like that or is it just a general round cross section o-ring, it wasn't leaking from that joint and was tough to get apart so do you think it would be ok to re-use it as it is or with a bit of sealer,
failing that does anybody know a part number for it, I'm in uk, thank you

thank you for that, I had looked at that diagram but couldn't work it out, now you've pointed it out it is quite obvious and I have ordered one, thank you :)

Back