COO's Inner fender delete kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATMAX

Reaction score
I was perusing Cycle One Off catalog and saw the kit to allow removal of ones metal inner fender at the rear. I was interested to know if anyone has this and what does it consist of? Is it something I could do on my own or is it more complicted than that. I run a different tail light set up already. I have no rear fender currently and was running with a crud catcher but damaged the catcher and now want to put a fender back on. Any of you guys running a plain plastic fender with any success? Thanks, PATMAX.:confused2:

I just recently removed my rear plate holder and tail-light to go with l.e.d.'s and my side mount plate bracket you saw on my other post.I bought another fender liner off Ebay (16.00)and just today cut it off just back to the rear mtg screws.I'm planning on shooting it with some rubberized undercoating to help hide it up under there.I also saw that kit you're talking about but had already purchased this and decided to go with it.I was curious about what it consisted of though.later

Just take it off, use a side mount license plate holder and convert your refelector to a tail light (the easy and cheap way is with a "trailer" light from walmart. Then you use larger washers to hold the plastic fender on. Since there is no load on it without the light on the rear you don't need anything fancy to keep it on.

Take you maybe all of 30 minutes to get it off.

Sean

I just used an angle grinder and cut mine off far enough so you can't see it from the back. It's not hard at all.

Then I cut out a peice of sheet metal to finish off the tail a little, painted black.

Attachments

• DSC01319.jpg
    DSC01319.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 81
I removed the steel plate and used a piece of alu angle to make a licence plate holder with a led lamp mounted above the plate anmd fitted a led tail/brake light to replace the reflector and put 2 bicycle reflectors to make it legal beside the licence light.I used the 2 nuts mounted in the rear fender to hold the alu bracket in place.Cheers Kevman

Back