cop harness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fritz752

Reaction score
does anyone know where I can obtain harness for cop conversion on my gen 1 regards

Go to EBay, look for a harness from one of the Honda CBRs or Suxuki GSXRs. Clip off the connectors from your coils, and attach them to suitably lengthened wires. Clip the connectors you bought, and attach to the other end of the wires. Plug and play..

Rather than clip off the coil connectors terminate the CoP loom with a Hitachi connector.
That way you haven't damaged the loom and can take the bike back to original if required.

Thanks is it as simple as that I thought I would have to install some resistors

Some people use Resistors on the early model Vmaxes. I never did, and have had no problem after many thousands of miles.

I bought a set of COPs last year from Jon Harris, on the VMOA forum and have had no issues with them. They came with connectors which plugged right into the OEM wiring loom on my '02.

I have COP kits with NEW coils. With or without resistors. I am out of good used OEM CDI boxes for the early bikes since so many people have burned theirs up. I sell them Ignitech CDI's which can run either setup. Best to email me at [email protected]
I also have optional support brackets if so desired,

Attachments

• Vmax COP Brackets.jpg
    Vmax COP Brackets.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Vmax COP Kit No-Resistors.jpg
    Vmax COP Kit No-Resistors.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Vmax COP Kit w-Resistors.jpg
    Vmax COP Kit w-Resistors.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 45
I have COP kits with NEW coils. With or without resistors. I am out of good used OEM CDI boxes for the early bikes since so many people have burned theirs up. I sell them Ignitech CDI's which can run either setup. Best to email me at [email protected]
I also have optional support brackets if so desired,
What's the cost on the kits?

Beware of the Jon Harris Cop kit's. I had a set and they were sub standard. Upon initial install two of the connectors fell off when I picked them up. I used them for a year and during that time whenever they got wet one or more would short out. I got fed up with shoddy workmanship and cheap split loom and bought a set from Sean. My advice either make them yourself or spend the money and buy a set from Sean. You'll never be sorry doing business with him. He's a great person does great work and stands behind everything he does.

FYI, Jon Harris is still at it. He sent me a couple of harassing and mildly threatening emails about my post. He's either still on the forum under yet another alias or has a cracker jax toy of a spy. Either way his emails contained a screen shot of my post and some drivel about "beware of demons".... My comments about his cop kit are 100% accurate. I hate to see anyone waste their hard earned money. He accused me of talking behind his back on an, open to the public forum and then goes on to let me know he has completely changed how he makes them. Seems to me he knew his early kits could have been better. I took the time to write this post so any members considering doing business with him would have a chance to reconsider. None of us need the aggravation that seems to come with him. Any members, particularly new one's that are unsure about what I have to say should also know that he has been banned from the forum multiple times using multiple alias's for harassing forum members publicly and privately. I'm not the first member to be harassed by him. He repeatedly went after Eric "Traumahawk". Although I've never met him in person Eric has helped me multiple times as he would anyone on the forum because he's a genuine good guy just like Sean.

Latest posts

Back