Coprunner, keep your eyes on your mirrors...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also hard to believe they didn't get him pulled over for almost 11 mins...seems there were one or two opportunities to get along side of him. Couldn't take my eyes off the video the whole time. Half expected him to have had a head on by the end of the vid...

They had plenty of opportunity to get alongside. One time, at a light, that was about the only place they could go but they pulled behind another car instead.
No doubt the guy is an idiot for not checking his mirrors but, seems to me there was some kind of entrapment going on. Aren't the cops bound by law to apprehend a suspect as quick as possible to reduce danger to the public?
Did anybody hear any kind of siren?
Hmmmm, mixed feelings about that one! :confused2:

Very strange video indeed. I've actually ridden on those those roads many times when I lived over there.
I also find it mind-boggling that 1) this cop followed and recorded this biker for over 30mns (!!), 2) he never turned his siren or blue lights on (I believe they must do this in any kind of chase situation), 3) he made no attempts whatsoever to actually stop that guy, and 4) he was in radio contact with his base and updating his position, yet was never given any backup or forward road block which would be standard procedure in the UK.

The biker in front did actually look in his mirror a few times, and so all I can assume is one of two scenarios:
- either he saw the cop, but had stolen the bike and so was actually trying to outrun him,
- or, being a squid, saw another bike in his mirrors and, failing to recognize it as a cop, went on a show-off race as I have seen many do.

Either way, when this guy got caught (and I guarantee you he did), that pretty much would have been the end of him ever riding a bike in the UK again legally. That kind of behaviour would mean a life ban from riding any motorcycle (if not all vehicles) and a very hefty fine and probably some incarceration too.
They don't fuck about with those kind of hooligans in the UK.

OTOH, you can see the cop was most obviously enjoying himself a lot. I actually wonder if he wouldn't have got himself in some trouble too - it's all on video, and you can see he took quite a few unneeded risks and pulled some manoeuvres that would definitely be frowned upon.

In the end, he made that decision to chase without blue lights, and rode like this for over half an hour (and there may be more we didn't see), and I don't believe any police force boss would condone such actions.

A running cop maybe? :ummm::ummm:

Just my 2 cents..

Upon further review, I'm thinking the answer to this mystery is "as plain as the balls on a tall dog" :biglaugh:

We have no evidence at all that the following bike is a cop! :confused2:

This is just another u tube video! :clapping:

Indeed... could be any fruitcake with a video cam, and dubbing the soundtrack afterwards would be dead easy too! :a014:

Don't think so. Although the audio could be easily dubbed, the info given in the audio coincides too precisely with the video as far as the road info, and the mph in the readout matches perfectly too. The readout wasn't added to the video either, that I can tell.
I think it's genuine.

Seems like the UK is going after speeders who post on youtube...

Another YouTube Speeder Found Not Guilty Due To Lack Of Evidence

from the be-careful-when-you-speed-and-youtube dept

It seems that it's becoming somewhat common for police to scour YouTube for videos of people filming themselves speeding. However, at the same time, we're seeing at least a few of the tickets handed out for such YouTube speeding thrown out. The latest is over in the UK, where a guy charged with speeding due to a YouTube video has been found not guilty because there's not enough evidence that he was the one actually driving the car -- or that the car was really traveling at the speed shown on the speedometer. This doesn't mean that folks posting their speeding videos on YouTube won't still be fined, but it appears that (at least in the UK) courts are making sure that there's enough actual evidence there to make the fines stick.

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081008/0934472490.shtml

The cop was also on a motorcycle and that dude wasnt that great of a rider to start with.

He had plenty of chance to cut off the road at the last minute of oncoming traffic.
If he couldnt outrun with speed he should have been trying to ditch him by turning off leaving the cop waiting on cars to pass this would have gave him a few seconds of run time to hopefully lose site of the cop..
Wheres the rest of the chase:ummm:

Back