• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cops 4 Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaxmax,
Not trying to rock the boat but not all coils are the same, resistance only is part of what is crucial. If you are going to start building cops set ups. Do your customers a favor a get with an electrical engineer and do some R and D with an occiliscope like I did. To find the best coil for the Vmax. Cheers

Blaxmax,
Not trying to rock the boat but not all coils are the same, resistance only is part of what is crucial. If you are going to start building cops set ups. Do your customers a favor a get with an electrical engineer and do some R and D with an occiliscope like I did. To find the best coil for the Vmax. Cheers
For the record I read EVERY ONE of your threads on Cops BEFORE I did my own research and development. I know not all coils are the same and I have a list of the ones that work. I also ask for their setups on ignitions an I am very careful of what I send to each. I appreciate your concern and I have looked at all with a fine oscilloscope. Not one bad reply. Cheers.

For the record I read EVERY ONE of your threads on Cops BEFORE I did my own research and development. I know not all coils are the same and I have a list of the ones that work. I also ask for their setups on ignitions an I am very careful of what I send to each. I appreciate your concern and I have looked at all with a fine oscilloscope. Not one bad reply. Cheers.

Excellent! Then with that R and D knowledge that you have, you know that the coil numbers you quoted in a previous post are not the greatest ones to use. Not saying they won't work just saying that there is one coil that is best for the Vmax set up. Kind of like the custom resistors that I had to have made, because there just isn't any resistor on the market that truly fits to a "T" for the Vmax conversion.

G

Last edited:
Excellent! Then with that R and D knowledge that you have, you know that the coil numbers you quoted in a previous post are not the greatest ones to use. Not saying they won't work just saying that there is one coil that is best for the Vmax set up. Kind of like the custom resistors that I had to have made, because there just isn't any resistor on the market that truly fits to a "T" for the Vmax conversion.

G
How much for a set of these cops for my 96 VMAX factory ECU and should I get resistors I was considering getting a Dyna in the future for a rev limiter thanks Dwayne

G
I have repaired a set you made for a maxxer in thailand and I know what resistor you used. I do not make cops with resistors anymore.
Here is the list I got off this site
bikes that use the SHORT COPs(that i've found so-far):
98-2000 GSXR600 SRAD
01-03 GSXR600
98-99 GSXR750 SRAD
00-05 GSXR750
01-08 GSXR1000
99-08 Hayabusa(GSX1300R)
02-08 R1
99-02 R6
04-07 R6
03-08 CBR600rr
03-06 ZX6/ZX636(maybe the 07-up as well, just have not verified that yet)
98-03 ZX9
00-05 ZX12
06-08 ZX14
These are just the short ones.

I have repaired a set you made for a maxxer in thailand and I know what resistor you used. I do not make cops with resistors anymore.
Here is the list I got off this site
bikes that use the SHORT COPs(that i've found so-far):
98-2000 GSXR600 SRAD
01-03 GSXR600
98-99 GSXR750 SRAD
00-05 GSXR750
01-08 GSXR1000
99-08 Hayabusa(GSX1300R)
02-08 R1
99-02 R6
04-07 R6
03-08 CBR600rr
03-06 ZX6/ZX636(maybe the 07-up as well, just have not verified that yet)
98-03 ZX9
00-05 ZX12
06-08 ZX14
These are just the short ones.

Your such an ass I have exclusive rights to the resistor that has my name on it. That one is not made for anyone except me. I have a contract with the company that has made it. Secondly if anyone has issues with one of my harnesses I will replace them free of charge even from the beginning of me building them, meaning I have no one year warranty. Provided they are from the original owner even if they have crushed them between the seat and frame. If the Thailand customer would have reached out to me I would have replaced it. On your note with the short VS long coils I hate to say this but might as well get it all out in the open for your potential buyers. You are so far off on the coil that I use...let me give you another hint.... It is one number and during its time in production the performance parameters were changed the latter years. So it comes only on a very narrow year range of motorcycles. Even though other years of that bike still have the same coil number the performance parameters of the coil is not the same. I can see BS everyday and I am calling it, just like others on this site have called BS on you. I would have kept my mouth shut but I am concerned about my fellow members and what they might be spending their hard earned cash on.

Peace my fellow Vmaxers
G

Your such an ass I have exclusive rights to the resistor that has my name on it. That one is not made for anyone except me. I have a contract with the company that has made it. Secondly if anyone has issues with one of my harnesses I will replace them free of charge even from the beginning of me building them, meaning I have no one year warranty. Provided they are from the original owner even if they have crushed them between the seat and frame. If the Thailand customer would have reached out to me I would have replaced it. On your note with the short VS long coils I hate to say this but might as well get it all out in the open for your potential buyers. You are so far off on the coil that I use...let me give you another hint.... It is one number and during its time in production the performance parameters were changed the latter years. So it comes only on a very narrow year range of motorcycles. Even though other years of that bike still have the same coil number the performance parameters of the coil is not the same. I can see BS everyday and I am calling it, just like others on this site have called BS on you. I would have kept my mouth shut but I am concerned about my fellow members and what they might be spending their hard earned cash on.

Peace my fellow Vmaxers
G
Do Not call me names.
As far as other members calling BS on me I ask that you prove what you say and them also.
None of you have the right to and none of you have proof.
You need to go back and read, I never once said a word about "THE COIL THAT YOU USE". I personally don't care what you use. It is called FREE INTERPRISE and I am using any or all the coils that were listed by bird-of-prey. I test everyone I make before I ship them out. I have had not 1 reply of a problem. Show me 1.
Also The maxxer from thailand contacted ME and asked me to fix it for him.
He sent pictures showing where it came apart and asked if I could help him.
I first told him no and he emailed me again. I made a set with resistors and they worked perfect for him.
Many maxxers on here have built their own cops and are still running today with no problems-Bill Seward has 2 different sets of coils he built himself on his and still running I read.
I built my own and it still runs.
You miss quoted me--- I did NOT say all coils are the same.
I will suggest you got off your defensive self protecting mood and not call me names while you are mistaken. I will also suggest you get some facts together before you call me BS.
That won't set well with me.

Blaxmax,
Miss quoted gannon--
I did NOT say all coils are the same. Read the threads before you reply please.

Originally Posted by asherc
Eric,
Do you know which coils you have? 4400

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 4400's. They were new in Gannons kit. Originally I had resistors with them , but swapped the resistors out. __________________
Traumahawk------
Posted 2 days ago.

Sounds to me like Eric filled you full of false info during that phone call.
He fucked over my best friend with false info too.
Not Me.

Sounds to me like Eric filled you full of false info during that phone call.
He fucked over my best friend with false info too.
Not Me.

Actually I didnt call, him, but we did chat thru email. The part that your leaving out, was that Drag sent me 2 emails within 30 mins, and was basically telling me how right he was with all of his info. After that I sent him an email back, and said that all that he was doing was trying to prove how right he was etc, so after that was when he posted the thread (with the email that I sent)....and saying how I had chased him from the forum. You can back, and said how childish that I was. i replied back on the thread whats more childish...Me sending him a pm, about how I didnt think that he was correct, and to not contact me any more because I was tired of the bullsh*t, or him posting just strictly my response because he was trying to get sympathy.

The question that I asked Gannon...and you name wasnt brought up last night was about was there a positive and negative side of the coil....because there was misinformation being posted on the form, and that I was after the truth, because Gannon had done more research with Cops than any other person that I know.

So...you assumed that my conversation about Gannon was all about you...but it wasnt....but how arrogant to assume that it was.

Here is a capture of that conversation just to bring everything out in the open. You are assuming that you have a place in my world. You cant even realize that i have had your posts blocked for the last couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Gannon capture.jpg
    Gannon capture.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 33
I assumed just like you did Eric because you post that you ASK for phone numbers. You asked for mine too.
You have a lot of assuming and not much proof from what I see.

:baby:
Here is a capture of that conversation just to bring everything out in the open. You are assuming that you have a place in my world. You cant even realize that i have had your posts blocked for the last couple of weeks.

But you continue to comment on my post.

I assumed just like you did Eric because you post that you ASK for phone numbers. You asked for mine too.
You have a lot of assuming and not much proof from what I see.

Actually I asked for Drags when he contacted me about setting up a stage 1 kit. he replied back that he didnt have a phone, so I repied back a rather lengthy email. I save all of my old emails. When my inbox gets too full....I download them as text, and save them as well.

Here is a better shot of that email with Gannon....the other screen shot came out too small.

Attachments

• Gannon capture 2.jpg
    Gannon capture 2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 20
Eric you also assumed that me and dragmaxster were the same person and now in your replies you speak of each separately. Shows you were misinformed by someone full of BS.
You are now blocked by me.

Latest posts

Back