• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cops 4 sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed from Blax. Great upgrade. Used http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5865&highlight=COPS for help with removing old and putting in new. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT PHILLIPS TIP!!!!!!! Had to take one of the screws holding the existing coil off with a pair of Channel Locks and a few choice words.....:th_flipthebird:
All in all it ended working out pretty good. Thanks again Blax!

Ordered last friday, came in today.

From America to the Netherlands... i say its quick.
Try to put them on the vmax tonight

Installed the Cops today.
I deceided to remove the rear coils. To my suprise
they look in mint condition :th_11:

put the coils in position, connected the wires, easy peasy.
Being busy, also cleaned every connector, male and female enz.

Then the 2 front coils. What a f#cking nightmare. Right front coil... tight as a.........
After an our of cursing... brusing my knokles, my neigboor peaking over the fence. Tought
someone got murdered. I deceided to leave them be.

fastened everthing in place with some ty-wraps and all looks nice and clean.

Took the Vmax for a cople of miles. Runs good. Picks up nice, so no problems so far.
Tomorow I can ride all day. Temperature is high. About 27 degrees Celsius. So I can tell
if it will run when hot and in front of a stoplight.

Back from a day riding.
vmax runs very good. It already did but had the habbit of running hot in traffic and would stall.
Starting up never caused a problem though.

But today. Really hot on the bike. Over 30 ℃ in traffic. No problem at all. Kept running like a new machine. Maybe because u want it to be like this, but it feels crispy to. Feels smoother.

So far an exellent upgrade. Thanks Jon!

My father in law is questioning if he wants a set as well, so in think i will mail u in a couple of weeks.
And if u have some other smooth upgrades.... let us know

Back from a day riding.
vmax runs very good. It already did but had the habbit of running hot in traffic and would stall.
Starting up never caused a problem though.

But today. Really hot on the bike. Over 30 ℃ in traffic. No problem at all. Kept running like a new machine. Maybe because u want it to be like this, but it feels crispy to. Feels smoother.

So far an exellent upgrade. Thanks Jon!

My father in law is questioning if he wants a set as well, so in think i will mail u in a couple of weeks.
And if u have some other smooth upgrades.... let us know
Glad I could help- let me know.

Just installed from Blax. Great upgrade. Used http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5865&highlight=COPS for help with removing old and putting in new. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT PHILLIPS TIP!!!!!!! Had to take one of the screws holding the existing coil off with a pair of Channel Locks and a few choice words.....:th_flipthebird:
All in all it ended working out pretty good. Thanks again Blax!
Just to confirm the screws are not phillips head they are JIS japanese head. You can buy a japanese screwdriver or grind the tip of one of your own to fit the screws better.
Glad you like them Wirenut.

Just to confirm the screws are not phillips head they are JIS japanese head. You can buy a japanese screwdriver or grind the tip of one of your own to fit the screws better.
Glad you like them Wirenut.

+ 1
Every time I hear about Phillips heads and 'jap bikes', I thank my lucky stars I ordered my set of JIS screwdrivers. .. and I like saying 'JIZZ screwdriver '. ;)

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting, was to ask if there were any possible drawbacks/issues that cld arise from this mod?
As in: what could possibly go wrong?

Seems like LOTS of satisfied customers. .. (And I always kinda felt as though I have an ignition issue).

Thanks.

T $

I don't know about possible downsides but I have always been annoyed that my right exhaust was louder, thumpier and put out noticeably more compression than the left. I installed these cops last week and walla! Both exhausts sound and feel the same! Happiness..

I don't know about possible downsides but I have always been annoyed that my right exhaust was louder, thumpier and put out noticeably more compression than the left. I installed these cops last week and walla! Both exhausts sound and feel the same! Happiness..

Interesting. ..
I feel like I get some not firing sometimes. .and sometimes firing good.
For a long while I've suspected a carb issue. .. BUT been slowly workin the ignition angle as well.

Interesting. ..
I feel like I get some not firing sometimes. .and sometimes firing good.
For a long while I've suspected a carb issue. .. BUT been slowly workin the ignition angle as well.
You will feel the difference.

I've been riding my bike all around at bike week in NH. Put hundreds of miles on my bike. New filters, fluids, battery and COP's. My bike runs smoother, pulls harder, accelerates quicker, didn't get hot in standstill traffic at the weirs or anywhere else, starts right up when hot and I can actually get the bike in neutral when it's up to temp! This is the first year with COP's and had I known they would make this much difference in performance I would've got them when I bought this bike!

Last edited:
I've been riding my bike all around at bike week in NH. Put hundreds of miles with a completely tuned bike, new battery and COP's. My bike runs smoother, pulls harder, accelerates quicker, didn't get hot in standstill traffic at the weirs or anywhere else, starts right up when hot and I can actually get the bike in neutral when it's up to temp! This is the first year with COP's and had I known they would make this much difference in performance I would've got them when I bought this bike!
Good to hear- I personally add to the coils something I'm gonna keep to myself but it was obvious to me the 1st time I opened one up- Drag racers keep secrets.:clapping:

That's good news John, I must say it was kinda weird sending out a package with my name on it. The lady at the post office said I think you made a mistake and are sending this package to yourself!! I laughed and no, It's my newfound brother. I remember your brother Steve passed a while back and I'm proud to be a brother of yours as i lost one myself.

That's good news John, I must say it was kinda weird sending out a package with my name on it. The lady at the post office said I think you made a mistake and are sending this package to yourself!! I laughed and no, It's my newfound brother. I remember your brother Steve passed a while back and I'm proud to be a brother of yours as i lost one myself.

Awesome man, I really appreciate you for that!! Steve was a great guy with a badass vmax.. we were very close and had many great rides together as well as life long experiences..

The cops you prepared are awesome, between your cops and Sean Morley's carbs my bike is a happy thumper it's never run better!!

Attachments

• 20141025_153122.jpg
    20141025_153122.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 37
Awesome man, I really appreciate you for that!! Steve was a great guy with a badass vmax.. we were very close and had many great rides together as well as life long experiences..

The cops you prepared are awesome, between your cops and Sean Morley's carbs my bike is a happy thumper it's never run better!!
Can't go wrong with Sean,
My brothers name was Steven, We called him Duck.
Good looking bikes.

Latest posts

Back