• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

COPS Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timpilot

Reaction score
Complete kit (minus hook-up wire) to install Coil-On-Plugs on your Vmax.
Includes correct connectors to plug into your existing coil wires.
Includes correct wire to COP connectors.
Just add wires of color and length you want for a factory-look plug-and-play professional installation.
I got the COPs on eBay and have no way of testing them. But seller was a dealer who said they were removed from a running bike.
Sold with no warranty, no return.
I put this together for my bike but got laid off 5 months ago and could use the cash.
Price $100 + actual shipping cost.
Can email pics upon request.
Thanks,

Tim

Denso 129700-4400 J0440
Don't know what they came off of.
I can measure resistance of each one if that would help.

Pictures

Attachments

• COPS Complete Kit.jpg
    COPS Complete Kit.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Connector to COP.jpg
    Connector to COP.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
  • COPS Sticker.jpg
    COPS Sticker.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 78
I bought 4 sticks on EBay for $15.01 free ship. I paid $10.00 for a harness from a Honda 4 cylinder something.. All COPS use the same connector..

I cut the connectors off my coils, and spent an hour soldering them together. I paid no attention to polarity, and didn't use resistors. I figure I might have $30.00 invested.

Plugged them in, and never looked back. They've been in the bike 4or5 years, at least 10,000 miles. They work fine.

That being said, the kits people are selling here seem to work fine, and definitely look more polished and professionally made. They're no doubt worth the money, if you don't want to or can't solder up a set of your own.

But mine work fine, and cost a lot less. I'm not going to make up sets to sell. The guys here could use the business, and I'm not interested in competing. They are charging a fair price, I'm just a cheapskate..

If someone can give me the four wire lengths, I'll go ahead and build the harness so it is a plug-and-play, with no need to cut connectors off of the bike, and no need to splice/solder wires. Then maybe I'll keep them for my bike.

A foot is good for all 4. The front ones can be a couple inches longer as they cross.

Here is a reference point - mine were a little long, but no real issue:
35750c2e6aa6b91aa4f24fff05b8d3f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want mine to be the lengths they would have been if the factory had installed them. So, I want just a little slack in each one, with no excess to deal with.

Back