COPS question, I didn't see anything like this in my search of the forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denci

Reaction score
I have a bad coil on the battery side of my vmax gen 1. I have a full COPS system ready to be installed but I am very short on time and I ride the bike daily and was wondering if it would cause any problems to install half of the COPS to replace that set of coils and then do the front two at a later date when I have time?
Am I making sense here?

You can install the cops without removing the coils so I'd just connect them up first and when time permits remove the rear pair of coils.
There is no benefit for taking time to remove the front pair unless you need the space they use up for something else.

You can install the cops without removing the coils so I'd just connect them up first and when time permits remove the rear pair of coils.
There is no benefit for taking time to remove the front pair unless you need the space they use up for something else.
That's an excellent suggestion, thank you!

I kept my front coils on the bike for two reasons.. It looked like a PITA to remove them, and the extra weight helps keep the front wheel down when I get frisky with the bike. (Lol)

Latest posts

Back