Cops with no resistors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milseyman

Reaction score
fried my cdi bikes a non starter so emailed the manufacturer of the cdi reply is in pic Screenshot_20220115-173855_Email.jpg

Different COPs have different resistance. It is hard to believe they installed resistors inside ign. module. Just get a Scot sword and deal with them how Highlander always did. ;)
I paid $112 for ign module from ebay.

Last edited:
Now I can't remember exactly when or where these posts are, but they are here on this forum.
Some warn with technical data, some based on experience with the C.O.P.s, with or without resistors and their potential to take out our C.D.I.
Don't feel too bad, I bought one from Yamaha, $640 because I didn't know of any alternatives at the time.
I then went over to an Ignitech and have had no issues running C.O.P.s, coils with different wire's etc.
Looking at your join date I would offer this advice. Before you make a modification that involves the use of other than factory (O.E.M) parts I would use the forum's search function, reach out and ask question's.
There is a ton of money saving experience and knowledge here and glad to help.
Sorry that happened to you but thanks for post, it will serve to save someone down the road the same fate.

Before you make a modification that involves the use of other than factory (O.E.M) parts I would use the forum's search function, reach out and ask question's.
A good piece of advice I've suggested for years. 😉👍

I installed Ford Focus coils (0.6 Ohm?, $5 each)+installed 2.2 Ohm resistors ($2 each) = almost 3 Ohm OEM coils specs

Back