• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

COPs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean Morley also sells plug and play kits. The best way to contact him is email. [email protected]
Sean as-of recently hasn't been selling the complete kits or ready-to-go. I believe he does have the connectors for the Yamaha wire harness. I expect he will chime in here soon.

There are many threads to search here about which COP's are best, and which ones aren't, also about the 1985-'89 ignition boxes seem to need the proper resistance to live rather than die from adding COP's which present the incorrect resistance.

Last edited:
There was a thread with activity recently (last fortnight) that listed the Denso part numbers.

The applicable COPs are available in 2 different heights, I forget whether it is the longer or shorter one that fits better.

The thread mentions COP resistance compatibility with the two ignition units so you would need to read up about that else the life of the ignition unit is reduced.

There was a thread with activity recently (last fortnight) that listed the Denso part numbers.

The applicable COPs are available in 2 different heights, I forget whether it is the longer or shorter one that fits better.

The thread mentions COP resistance compatibility with the two ignition units so you would need to read up about that else the life of the ignition unit is reduced.
The shorter ones fit better.

Last edited:
To clarify I am out of the harnesses but have the new coils, new coil side connectors (and new harness side pins) as well as the upper support brackets.

Back