Corbin or other seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max88

Reaction score
Am heading out on a little 5000km joint on the max later this week which has me thinking about my seat.....does anybody have a Corbin or other brand seat on there gen 2 and was it much improved comfort?

I bought a corbin just to try I like that it was narrower up front then stock but just a tad to hard for me .. I'm having a custom seat made for and it's ready for pickup tomorrow .. I will have a corbin front part only for sale tomorrow coincidence lol

Well I decided to try a air hawk seat pad as I'm leaving Thursday am. I took it for a short 65 km ride today and it was actually really comfortable. Planing on 850 km Thursday so I guess I'll really know then.. Lol

I bought a Corbin too and at 110 pounds i felt like i had to pull myself forward to get off of it and put my feet on the ground. Didn't last long.

I like my Corbin but I'm about twice Jan Bee's avoirdupois measurement, just under 6' tall. I like a firm seat more-than a softie.

If the Air-Hawk felt good, I bet you will find it OK for your use.

Put 820 km on the max today with the air-hawk seat pad. It works amazing! No real
Discomfort. It is a huge improvement for big days.

Well the first big ride of the year is over. Turned out to be a little shorter than I originally thought. 3600km and we're back home. Calgary ab to Idaho falls to meet up with my dad who was riding home from Phoenix. Toured through Yellowstone national park and bear tooth pass. Amazing ! Then back west through Montana to glacier national park. The scenery and twisty roads were endless. Dads wing fully loaded pulling a tent trailer routinely beat me at the fuel pumps through the mountains which always made us laugh. I did get better mileage on the open Hwy than him though. I think that's the only thing the max is bad at.... It sucks on fuel! The air-hawk seat pad worked very well. I would change the air pressure in it as I got uncomfortable changing the feel and giving me another tank of fuel worth of comfort. I think it's a great quick fix for longer rides.

Well the first big ride of the year is over. Turned out to be a little shorter than I originally thought. 3600km and we're back home. Calgary ab to Idaho falls to meet up with my dad who was riding home from Phoenix. Toured through Yellowstone national park and bear tooth pass. Amazing ! Then back west through Montana to glacier national park. The scenery and twisty roads were endless. Dads wing fully loaded pulling a tent trailer routinely beat me at the fuel pumps through the mountains which always made us laugh. I did get better mileage on the open Hwy than him though. I think that's the only thing the max is bad at.... It sucks on fuel! The air-hawk seat pad worked very well. I would change the air pressure in it as I got uncomfortable changing the feel and giving me another tank of fuel worth of comfort. I think it's a great quick fix for longer rides.

I hope you got through the Tetons too. That is one of my favorite places to hit. If you get it at the right time you can completely miss tourist traffic. It's breath taking and a great place to loose the chicken strips. Stunning! Glacier too, wow. When I lived in Seattle I would leave every chance I got and come here to SD and I would often get lost and zig zag across MT and WY. There are some amazing places to ride in that whole region.

I have been looking at an Air Hawk for awhile now. I think it's time to try one out on my gen1. The Maxgasser is great but anything I can do to buy a few more miles is worth a look. I'll measure one that I can use on either bike. Thanks for chiming in on that.

We did, just outside of Jackson hole I believe... Remember parking in front of the big sign there for a pic! Lol. I did South Dakota last year! Needles Rushmore canyon ride out of sturgis I think they call it. Awesome place to ride!

Back