VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dose any one have one on there bike. do you like it . is it lower then original seat .IS IT WORTH $800.00 I WOULD LIKE MY FEET TO BE ON THE GROUND/FLAT FOOTED. ANY ONE HAVE ONE FOR SALE?

I would talk to Sean Morley about a cut down stock seat. Not everyone has been happy with the Corbin and you are right it is expensive.

You should also (unless you are very heavy) crank out the preload on the rear shock/spring. That will allow the back to sag a little getting you closer to the ground. It is way stiff anyway and I would suggest backing it all the way out and then riding and adjusting it stiffer while you are out on the road. If you soften up to much the bike will wallow through hard turns.....just tighten enough until it feels good to you.

Of course there are also lowering links available, they are cheap but will have you scraping stuff on the bike if you ride aggressively in the twisties.

Got rid of mine last year. Went to a cut stock seat bought from MarsMax from Star Rider (formerly UFO). Found myself on the passenger part when vboost kicked in. Plus I was on my toes at a stop. Will never look back.

I had a Corbin on mine, couldnt get that fucking thing off of there fast enough. Absolutely not worth $800. It was on my Max when I got her. generic, heavy and rock hard, and a few seams were letting go. It was also dished to wide which made it very awkward at stops with feet down, and I have a 36" inseam. When puttimg my feet down I was pressing against the lateral edges. Still just very poorly done. I guess some folks with huskier builds may find Corbin comfortable but if your narrow I doubt it will suffice for anything more than bar hopping. Ive had a handful of bikes that came with Corbins and never again, its torture. Sean Morley as mentioned does seats and is a great guy to do business with. I highly recommend Maxgasser, which is what I have now, but I do not believe they are being made anymore, if I'm wrong please someone correct me, its a stellar product. It was made to my order and is amazing. Some upholstery shops are very edept at making custom saddles. I had a seat done this way for my Triumph. It was cut for me with foam density for my wt and preference, I test rode several times and he reshaped based on my feedback each time and once it was perfect it was covered and stitched just how I wanted it. The way I found the upholstery shop I used was asking a few local bike shops who they would use to make theirs. Not all upholstery shops do bikes, and some that do are not very good. Local motorcyclists/shops will tell you who. I ended up with an amazing seat and it came in close to your stated budget. I hope this helps.

I believe he's looking for gen 2 Vmax corbin seat .. I had one of course it was hard but narrow near the thighs which helped with getting feet firmly to the ground . I sold but Kinda wished I kept it for the pan and just had someone redo the foam instead of the brick material from corbin . I sold it for 250 just the driver seat only .

I believe he's looking for gen 2 Vmax corbin seat .. I had one of course it was hard but narrow near the thighs which helped with getting feet firmly to the ground . I sold but Kinda wished I kept it for the pan and just had someone redo the foam instead of the brick material from corbin . I sold it for 250 just the driver seat only .

My bad, didnt realize it was for a Gen2. I read the post but missed that part of the title. I think I stand by my assessment of Corbin though haha. The custom saddle makers I've used or known about generally build on the OEM pan, but I have seen "Corbin fixing services" around too. I think its pretty much the same thing and prices seem to hover around the $250-1000 USD range depending on if its a quick reshape using same cover or a complete custom redo. I definitely believe a full custom saddle is a sound investment for anyone doing more than casually putting around town.

Latest posts

Back