Corbin seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Are the Corbin seats a big improvement over stock? How do you get to the gas cap if you switch to one?

All the Corbin seats I have seen have a flap held with Velcro where the gas cap is. I think on the older style it was hard to get at the gas cap because the hole was so small. I know Corbin has redesigned it so I don't know if it is any better.
As for better than stock, I think anything is better than stock!:D

I have the old style Corbin seat and I like it, but I would add you really need to have hiway pegs for the seat to feel right. As far as the flap goes on the older seats, I do not use it. I take the seat off to fill it up. I didn't put the bolts in the side to hold the seat on.

mabchewy said:
Are the Corbin seats a big improvement over stock? How do you get to the gas cap if you switch to one?

I have the newer style seat & have no problem with gas filling. The comfort is much improve. I did almost 500 miles in a day w/o hurting on the Corbin. I could not do more than 100 miles on the stock seat w/o stopping for a break. Hope this help.

Ride safe,

Tim

How can you tell the difference b/w the old style and the new?

OLD, OLD style Corbin. I have a original Corbin, no flap, it is actually a three piece seat like the Original. I would like to have it redone, but the price is more than just getting a new seat, and I would have to give up the three piece style.

My experience with Corbin is durability but not comfort. I have ordered a Sportmax but(he said butt) it has not yet arrived,I hear good things. I love my MAX,butt 50 miles and I hate my MAX. Will let you know more when I get my new seat.

The Sportmax is the route I'd likely go as well. I don't know what kind of turnaround time they have, but the seat looks like it would be comfortable. I also like keeping the opening latch as stock. It seems to entertain gas station attendants everywhere :eek:hyeah00:

My Cousin Geoff has the new style Corbin seat.

To get to the fuel cap, you have to remove this thing that looks like a giant butt plug.

Bit gay if you ask me :buttsexor:

Sorry if I've offenced any shirtlifters on yer.

I have the older style Corbin with velcro flap. After 40k miles the seat has taken on my arseprint and is very comfortable. I don't think it looks as good as a SportMax and as it's a much wider seat, the vertically challenged might find themselves tiptoeing to reach the ground.

Redux said:
The Sportmax is the route I'd likely go as well. I don't know what kind of turnaround time they have, but the seat looks like it would be comfortable. I also like keeping the opening latch as stock. It seems to entertain gas station attendants everywhere :eek:hyeah00:
My uncle has the sportmax seat. From what i remember they sent it out right away. And then he had to take the covering off his seat and send that back to Sportmax. There really isnt much of a turn around time if you do it that way.

Personally I'd go with Sportmax or UFO's seats. I dont like the Corbin one at all, the whole velcro flap thing doesnt work for me. And "generally" Corbin seats are hard at first, but once they break in they get more comfortable

I have the older Crobin with the flap.

Comfort wise, it beats the stock seat hands down on long rides. Then again, a square cut 4x8 beats the stock seat hands down on long rides.

I do however, curse the Corbin Gods for that flap when filling the Beast in the Houston area, as they have those useless fume catchers on their pumps and it simply will not fit, so you have to hold the catcher and fill at an odd angle.

:rocket bike:

6' 225# here and the Sportmax has gotten me through many 300 mile plus rides with zero discomfort.
I LOVE it, plus I think it improves the lines of the bike instead of taking away from it.

If your thinking about SportMax or UFO's then consider Sean Morley's seat, it looks very similair.

Rusty

you can fix the corbin fuel issues with a stop by your local boat supply store.

Sean Morley

i have the sportmax on mine a bit lower and wider then the original but very comfy dont know how it would work out for people over 6 ft you would probbibly have to put your legs over the handlebars . i have a lowered ltd 750 also that towers over the seat height of my max

I have the special edition Gen 2 Corbin seats "Holeshot" out of Nevada. The seats are amazing and beautifully sculptured and Holeshot was a pleasure to deal with. the Driver seat drops you about an inch and the passenger boosts the passenger about 2 inches. Still not enough to see over the driver, but better. The seats are made extremely well and are far more comfortable. The passenger seat offers almost 3 more inches in bum support which my wife greatly appreciates.

I have the special edition Gen 2 Corbin seats "Holeshot" out of Nevada. The seats are amazing and beautifully sculptured and Holeshot was a pleasure to deal with. the Driver seat drops you about an inch and the passenger boosts the passenger about 2 inches. Still not enough to see over the driver, but better. The seats are made extremely well and are far more comfortable. The passenger seat offers almost 3 more inches in bum support which my wife greatly appreciates.

I have the same front seat and it took a few thousand miles to break in but I can ride it for hours and not be bothered one bit. Great seat.

I have a hard time noticing completely as I have had an Airhawk 2 for years. I love the Airhawk. The passenger seat is finally big enough to support it's airhawk for the passenger. I have put a few thousand miles on the seat during my tour last year but it is probably not worn in like yours. I am currently removing my stock exhaust and CAT. I did the Air box mod, got my ECU Nash flashed (its on its way home as we speak). I am installing the Akrapovic system and finally heated grips. I have a security system installed, radar detector, dual cameras and ALP laser jammers. I love electronic gizmos.

Latest posts

Back