Couldnt help it...lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an absolute requirement Eric....with any exhaust change the bike MUST be run with open headers/cans.

I even ran one once with no pipes at all....was expecting all sorts of loud obnoxious noises but actually it sounded like someone farting underwater....very disappointing. :biglaugh:

Yours sounds much mean however! :clapping:

I did the same thing, my ears bled! :D

Even with the race baffle it's LOUD! It's tolerable after packing the race baffle.

Man nice bike, I had to follow in your foot steps and take out baffle music to my ears.

I'm looking for a race baffle some 1 took mind at Colonial Beach VA

Well I had to 2 inch competition baffle...and just changed it to the 2.5....and it is AMAZING! !!! Now the bike just kinda growls.....I will have to post a video of it as well.

I have the 1.5 inch and the 2 and 1/2 inch that's been on it for some time now....want to buy the 2" but they're pricey....I took it out for about 20 minutes with no baffle last year and redlined a few gears down the street. People look at you like an alien from outer space

The Kerker sure can sing a pretty song, with the big race baffle especially! I remember riding next to Zak on the Taconic, that was my first time hearing it sing and man what a song that pipe sings!

Yes, my personal sonic favorite is the Kerker 4/1. I have had one, but currently run a 4/1 that doesn't require removal of the centerstand mount. I have a UFO w/a cobbled-up exhaust canister, which is plenty quiet, allowing you to run in upper rev ranges w/o alerting every LEO within a half-mile that you're twisting the throttle.

2 1/2 inch CUT DOWN Kerker 4-1 . Bring ear muffs , LOL

Attachments

• DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03235.jpg
    DSC03235.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 28
  • Group 3   5-28-12 949.jpg
    Group 3 5-28-12 949.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC03147.jpg
    DSC03147.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 25
I have the 1.5 inch and the 2 and 1/2 inch that's been on it for some time now....want to buy the 2" but they're pricey....I took it out for about 20 minutes with no baffle last year and redlined a few gears down the street. People look at you like an alien from outer space

LOL....I THOUGHT about doing that.

The Kerker sure can sing a pretty song, with the big race baffle especially! I remember riding next to Zak on the Taconic, that was my first time hearing it sing and man what a song that pipe sings!

I now need to make a baffle with the 2.5 inch. It sounds AMAZING!!

Earlier this year, our local bike group were invited to attend a High School function, (we do a lot of charity and fund raising). On the eve of the occasion, my 4-1 Kerker developed a loose baffle so I took it out and replaced just the end cap. Holy shit, the noise was like like someone trying to cut through my helmet with an ungoverned chainsaw !! It was only a half mile to the school and when I got there the kids and teachers stopped and stared with hands over their ears until I shut it down. It would have been worth the startling effect if it hadn't been for the sudden onset of deafness, I couldn't tell if people were thanking me for coming or telling me to fuck off back to the rock I crawled out from under.
Bugger that.

Chris.

I priced the 2 in baffle yes its pricy so I built one from an old cherry bomb muffler and some stainless perforated tubing from LA Choppers. I sawed off the ends of the muffler trimed them to fit in the can. Then cut the tubing to length tack welded it to the ends wrapped it with packing sounds bad ass and was cheap as dirt.

I priced the 2 in baffle yes its pricy so I built one from an old cherry bomb muffler and some stainless perforated tubing from LA Choppers. I sawed off the ends of the muffler trimed them to fit in the can. Then cut the tubing to length tack welded it to the ends wrapped it with packing sounds bad ass and was cheap as dirt.

Thats a great idea.

Back