Couple of mods for your consideration

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimvette999

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

This forum has helped me many times. The mods below are likely not new but are cheap - n - easy if you're interested.

1. I wanted a volt meter because of battery issues I've had in the past. I placed a lamp chord roll switch, easy to actuate, on the ground wire to the gauge. I made an alum. bracket to mount to switch to. It's riveted to the handlebar w/ 3/16 alum. rivets. 3M tape is holding meter to bracket. The light was quite bright so I added a piece of Limo tint to the face of the meter to tone it down.
IMG_20191205_134027479.jpg IMG_20191205_134015440.jpg IMG_20191205_134639188_HDR.jpg

2. After switching to red LED tail light bulbs, I noticed the diff between tail light and brake light was hardly discernible. I added another brake light that has 17 different modes, 16 of which are obnoxious so I just use the non-strobing/flashing/annoying to other drivers mode. This mod is reversible and I had to drill three holes....2 for the retaining screws and one for the cable to go through. All holes are hidden should I decide to put the stock reflector back on. It's not a perfect shape fit as far as concealment but it's very close.
IMG_20191205_133841996.jpg IMG_20191205_133929052.jpg IMG_20191205_133955479.jpg

Here's where I got them and their cost. You get 4 tail lights for the $16. Use USA sellers when possible so you can easily return things if unhappy/defective.
Untitled.jpg
Good luck, I'd be happy to answer any questions. I'm sorry I don't have the step by step but I don't think it's nec. on these mods due to their simplicity.
Thanks for looking, Jim.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, I used clear glue made for plastic model windshields to make the cheapo light waterproof. Use at seam where lens meets black housing. This will stop moisture intrusion, a.k.a., fogging inside lens. I think clear nail polish would also work but test as it is sometimes lacquer thinner based depending on the brand and may fog/melt lens.

Last edited:
There's a guy on YouTube that show's how to make a really simple dual intensity circuit for LED's.
The high and low is definitely discernible as running and brake out of a two wire LED .

We do offer a super bright running and brake light assembly to fit where the reflector goes but it takes more modification to fit then that (though it looks cleaner without the visible screws). Still nice to have alternatives!

There's a guy on YouTube that show's how to make a really simple dual intensity circuit for LED's.
The high and low is definitely discernible as running and brake out of a two wire LED .
Wish I had seen that sooner, thank you Still like having extra brake light though.

We do offer a super bright running and brake light assembly to fit where the reflector goes but it takes more modification to fit then that (though it looks cleaner without the visible screws). Still nice to have alternatives!
Thank you. I didn't know that. I could have painted screws to help appearance and may still do that.

Back