covid vaccine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt the shit even works ! , they had some democratic moron the other day saying how "Good" Pres. Biden did in getting the cure for the virus released LOL, he went on to say how they "cured AIDS" and that there are no other major sickness they cannot cure in a yr. or less the reporter asked about cancer and they ignored her request. Typical bullshit !

I doubt the shit even works ! , they had some democratic moron the other day saying how "Good" Pres. Biden did in getting the cure for the virus released LOL, he went on to say how they "cured AIDS" and that there are no other major sickness they cannot cure in a yr. or less the reporter asked about cancer and they ignored her request. Typical bullshit !
Okay, we know which side of the aisle you're on.

I have several friends who worked for Pfizer, and they were involved in production/research (a chemist, and a research associate) and processing the data (I.T.) and I have another friend who's a statistical analyst for various medical product companies (he has his own business). He does the statistical analysis for Rx and medical equipment, and procedures that companies want to bring to-market. That typically takes hundreds of millions of dollars, and years of research for a new drug. The current 'fast-track' is not-without risks. The companies having success are the best-possible outcomes.

They all are going to get the vaccine when they can. My entire family is too. Good-luck if you're waiting on 'herd immunity.' I've had four people I know-of who have died because of COVID-19, including a fire-rescue chief of department, after he came-back from a spring State of Florida EMS meeting about the virus, and other topics. I knew him for 45 years as a member of fire-rescue, he was in good shape, not overweight, and no co-morbidities other than both of us being very-close in age (yes, I'm 'elderly.') He came-home from the meeting, he developed symptoms almost-immediately, and he entered the hospital; when he left, it was to the funeral home.

The sad thing about this virus is that it affects people in many different ways, and it can cause permanent damage to your circulatory system, your lungs, and your other organs. I don't want to be an infected individual waiting to-see what-happens. We're socially-isolating, we wear masks when we leave the house, and we haven't been to a dine-in restaurant in nine months, and I'm sure that we will go well-past a year not dining-in at a restaurant.

When swine flu hit in the 1976-'77 timeframe, I was early in my fire-rescue career. I was one of the personnel dispensing vaccines to the public at clinics; we set-up in a local mall, and every-day, we had hundreds of people patiently waiting for their vaccinations.

I suspect the country won't be done with this until 2022. Three hundred and thirty million people, times two shots, minus the 'anit-vaxxers,' is a large population to accommodate. Regardless of your political affiliation, I hope you aren't affected by the 3,000+ deaths a day we're reportedly sustaining for the next several months.

Last edited:
I just voiced an opinion , nothing more nothing less . I also have friends in medical research that question how fast this has been handled . If I had known making or voicing an opinion would upset someone I would have not said anything , that was the reason I left yrs. ago . Has for herd immunity I am not waiting for it has you say , I worry about my 78 yr old mother who has allergies to flu shots and other problems . Damn there is nothing I hate more than being "Judged" on my opinion for no damn reason . And as far as elderly the photo is my kid brother who passed last yr I am only 58 with my own problems like we all have . I am never saying anything again being that you are here and so helpful in pointing out how wrong most of us are , have a good life . I know I will

If you had just left-out the "democratic moron" comment, and had posted something optimistic about how you hope the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine, with its 95% success rate, to this time, might help your elderly mother, I would second your wishes for your mother, who isn't a whole-lot older than me.

About the only time I have addressed posts is when the O.P. or the respondent makes it political. There are many websites where people can express their political beliefs. This site has successfully been able to avoid the hard feelings that political arguments inevitably lead-to. When it happens, it usually is able to-pass without people insulting each other uselessly.

One of my best friends, who lives in MI, his father was a V.P. of R & D for Upjohn, the company that Pfizer bought after Upjohn merged with Pharmacia in 1995, and then Monsanto bought that (2000), and Pfizer bought that (2003). The largest research and manufacturing facility in the world for Pfizer is in Upjohn's 'roots' city, Kalamazoo MI. Belgium and Kalamazoo are where the production is happening (more sites, below).

From Bloomberg:
Unlike some of its peers in the drug industry, Pfizer has retained significant in-house manufacturing assets. It plans to make raw materials, the mRNA active, and finished doses for BNT162b2, the partnership’s vaccine, at its own plants in Andover, Massachusetts; Kalamazoo, Michigan; and St. Louis. It will also use its site in Belgium for the European market.

In contrast, Moderna, a biotech firm with nothing like Pfizer’s manufacturing base, has contracted with Lonza, one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services firms, to produce much of the mRNA active for its vaccine, mRNA-1273. Lonza will make the active at its complex in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and at its main site in Visp, Switzerland.
Pfizer, Moderna ready vaccine manufacturing networks (acs.org)

Friends don't let friends quote Wikipedia.

classic. ordered. cage for the camaro and everything showed up except the legs,braces and plates. they sent replacements 9 weeks later the originals showed up, as well as 8 shock hoops that we never ordered. f.y.i. they make perfect swingarm braces.

Most people don't realize this vaccine was in the works for years. It's based on the SARS virus that hit in 2003 and 2013. (Both are coronavirus strains). That's why it was able to be done so quickly.

What's more, drug companies aren't making a lot of money at all on this. They are, for now, trying to break even.

If you had just left-out the "democratic moron" comment, and had posted something optimistic about how you hope the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine, with its 95% success rate, to this time, might help your elderly mother, I would second your wishes for your mother, who isn't a whole-lot older than me.

About the only time I have addressed posts is when the O.P. or the respondent makes it political. There are many websites where people can express their political beliefs. This site has successfully been able to avoid the hard feelings that political arguments inevitably lead-to. When it happens, it usually is able to-pass without people insulting each other uselessly.

One of my best friends, who lives in MI, his father was a V.P. of R & D for Upjohn, the company that Pfizer bought after Upjohn merged with Pharmacia in 1995, and then Monsanto bought that (2000), and Pfizer bought that (2003). The largest research and manufacturing facility in the world for Pfizer is in Upjohn's 'roots' city, Kalamazoo MI. Belgium and Kalamazoo are where the production is happening (more sites, below).

From Bloomberg:
Unlike some of its peers in the drug industry, Pfizer has retained significant in-house manufacturing assets. It plans to make raw materials, the mRNA active, and finished doses for BNT162b2, the partnership’s vaccine, at its own plants in Andover, Massachusetts; Kalamazoo, Michigan; and St. Louis. It will also use its site in Belgium for the European market.

In contrast, Moderna, a biotech firm with nothing like Pfizer’s manufacturing base, has contracted with Lonza, one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services firms, to produce much of the mRNA active for its vaccine, mRNA-1273. Lonza will make the active at its complex in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and at its main site in Visp, Switzerland.
Pfizer, Moderna ready vaccine manufacturing networks (acs.org)

Friends don't let friends quote Wikipedia.
If I recall correctly, fire-medic has posted several times about "make motorcycling great again" I would have to say that's contradictory to his liberal rant on this thread. Also motorcycling has always been great no matter what your riding. So I don't know why he's speaking about political affiliation when he's playing both sides of the aisle. And I'm not trying to fire shots because fire medic has gave me some solid advice advice about my vmax. But I'm easily riled up about politics like most.

Most vaccines take around 5 years from development to testing to FDA approval to the markets. Regardless of what side you are on....one thing should make you completely suspicious of this vaccine.....ANY medicine rushed out in a matter of months should be highly suspect. Period. I for one, dont have ANYTHING big pharm has injected into me. The standard influenza vaccine has a normally 10% success rate with at certain years reaching as high as 25-30%. I rarely get sick. Usually on average of once every 10 years. I am no health nut. But I see me staying away from doctors as beneficial to my health. And those who start often seem to slip further and further down the health ladder until completely dependent on the system.

If I recall correctly, fire-medic has posted several times about "make motorcycling great again" I would have to say that's contradictory to his liberal rant on this thread. Also motorcycling has always been great no matter what your riding. So I don't know why he's speaking about political affiliation when he's playing both sides of the aisle. And I'm not trying to fire shots because fire medic has gave me some solid advice advice about my vmax. But I'm easily riled up about politics like most.

Political discussions have never gone well on this forum. I'll continue with Rotella 15w-40 for now. Good stuff.

yes that's the point, curing people is bad for business

So far over 1.6 million people have died from Covid and dead people don't have much use for medicines.
Surely it is better to keep them alive so that the manufacturers can supply medicines to them in the future?

Back