covid vaccine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other kits will not last , Sean's is a little more than most like to spend but you have heard the saying you get what you pay for . Spend the money and you will not regret it , I know I tried the economy route and it did not work for me but hey it's your money and your bike . take care

I sorry but I have to say that as I've never had a starter clutch fail on me I don't believe it is a real problem and is actually the same as a blown indicator bulb...and no-one has died from that!

Sorry, I'll turn the light off as I leave.

PS: I don't come from New Mexico nor do I know anyone who lives there...does that mean it doesn't exist?

PPS: As I have established that New Mexico doesn't exist who is actually posting the denial posts.

PPPS: As none of you know me do I exist or an I a figment of someones imagination who lives in New Mexico?

PPPPS: Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:D

The stock clutch works well and as long as you have a good starter and battery there are usually few issues. The ebay cheapy clutches are hit and miss. Some have luck with them and some don't. This could be tied back to the starter or battery. Our conversion uses the more modern Royal Star assembly with machining to fit it. The cost covers new ring gear, starter clutch, bolts, and gaskets plus some of the machining work. New OEM stock parts aren't a lot cheaper then $450 anyway. See pics of the new style.

Attachments

• HD Starter Clutch Flywheel.jpg
    HD Starter Clutch Flywheel.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 10
I had only one issue with my starter it's whole life. It was after I first got it. That first winter it was really, really cold one day and I backed it out of the garage to start it and let it run for a bit as it hadn't run in a few weeks.

So I engage the choke, turn the key, wait for the fuel pump to stop pumping, hit the starter and it turns just a bit and something really odd happened. It sounded like the engine fired and died at the same exact moment and there was a very, very loud "CLANG".

I was terrified. I looked all around the bike half expecting to see a rod sticking out somewhere. It was that loud. But I didn't see a thing. Clinching my teeth I tried one more time and it fired right up and ran like a kitten. It has ever since. That's the only issue I've ever had with my Vmax other than having to rebuild the carbs after it sat for two years.

I'll give this one more go, Trumptard.

New Mexico has a population of right at 2,000,000 people. To date, New Mexico has had 123,000 cases of Covid-19 and 2006 deaths.

So it's no big surprise you don't know anybody that's died of Covid. It's not a heavily populated state. In fact, here's its Covid Cluster map:

View attachment 74320

In contrast to that, there are more people in just two counties in Georgia, Gwinnett (mine) and Fulton (where Atlanta is) than there is in your entire state. Here's our map:

View attachment 74321

You notice that not only are there a lot more circles, but they're much closer together. Our stats as of today: 534,000 cases, 9,856 deaths.

Guess what? I don't know anybody that's died of it.

To use the argument of "it's not real because I don't know anybody that died from it" is something only a complete, window licking, brainless, patent village idiot would ever do.

You have no proof. You post complete bullshit that has absolutely NO BEARING WHATSOEVER IN REALITY. You are a true and blue Trump follower.

I bet you think he won the election, don't you?

I bet you have an AR 15 and a go bag beside your sofa, don't you?

I bet you watch Fox News, believe in QAnon and still think that there's a hidden meaning in all of Pat Boone's albums, don't you?

In order to be as stupid as you are, you surely must.
Parminio, I wish you to take your rabid hate to another site,,don;t ruin this one with it!!!

I didn't start the stupid, covid denying bullshit, asshat. If you want to tolerate completely false, fabricated, Trumpian bullshit then that's your right.

But don't expect me to sit here and take that complete crap when we've lost more people to Covid-19 since March because of one man's complete incompetence than we did in 4 years of vicious War from 1941 to 1945 and it STILL isn't over.

the only failure i have ever seen was on the parts bike i bought. the stolen one that was hotwired with no fuel pump and found in a ditch.

i saw the ebay gem and thought a 6 element would be better than 3 if you could find a quality manufacturer. but seans piece with a 16 +/- element sprag looks like the way to go if issues arose for sure.

Parminio, I wish you to take your rabid hate to another site,,don;t ruin this one with it!!!
The ignore feature is a good thing. Agitators don't get to piss me off with their nonsense again. I haven't had to do that much over the years here. But every once in a while a new shit stirrer pops up. Or an old shit stirrer with a new avatar. When their information is low and their insults are high, Steve-o says bye. Life is too short.

The ignore feature is a good thing. Agitators don't get to piss me off with their nonsense again. I haven't had to do that much over the years here. But every once in a while a new shit stirrer pops up. Or an old shit stirrer with a new avatar. When their information is low and their insults are high, Steve-o says bye. Life is too short.
You're right.

Done.

I had only one issue with my starter it's whole life. It was after I first got it. That first winter it was really, really cold one day and I backed it out of the garage to start it and let it run for a bit as it hadn't run in a few weeks.

So I engage the choke, turn the key, wait for the fuel pump to stop pumping, hit the starter and it turns just a bit and something really odd happened. It sounded like the engine fired and died at the same exact moment and there was a very, very loud "CLANG".

I was terrified. I looked all around the bike half expecting to see a rod sticking out somewhere. It was that loud. But I didn't see a thing. Clinching my teeth I tried one more time and it fired right up and ran like a kitten. It has ever since. That's the only issue I've ever had with my Vmax other than having to rebuild the carbs after it sat for two years.
Mine has started hard like that for the last 5 coldstarts🥶 When i do get it started and its warm, it will fire right up though.

C'mon Bill, you have-seen the red oil light flicker, haven't you?
Saw that the first time I rode the bike. Took it back to the dealer and it took them 4 hours to tell me "it's normal".

Came home and called around a bit and finally talked to a mechanic. He told me, "They fill to the exact factory spec and it's stupid. When it's time for your next oil and filter change, just put 4 quarts in it and you'll never see that light again. Technically it's about a third of a quart too much but don't worry about it. It makes no real difference in the sight glass at all because you got plenty of room for it."

I've done that ever since and never had an issue.

This is good. I get to learn something Vmaxual every day on here. Thanks folks!👍

C'mon Bill, you have-seen the red oil light flicker, haven't you?

When I thrashed Trigger the red light would momentarily come on. I thought the problem was the sump was emptying far too quickly with throwing the oil upstairs to the camshafts etc, and the oil level sensor was near the sump. This was just my own thoughts and I’ve never checked my theory out as I’m too damn busy with other less important things like work. Maybe one of the more knowledgable people on here could answer that. To remedy the problem I always now take the oil level to max and never get that problem now.

Back