Cracked clutch cover?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed my clutch discs during winter, now the bike has been sitting for a couple of weeks and I was looking for a oil leaks, it was a bit moist under the clutch cover but my clutch cover seems to be all cracked up?! My alternator cover was leaking last summer, I changed gaskets during winter and it seems to be fine now.. Could those cracks leak oil, or is it just gasket? Anyway, should I be looking for a new cover soon? And I did tighten all up in factory specs, 10nm. Cracks must've been there allready, I just didn't notice them before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 56
I changed my clutch discs during winter, now the bike has been sitting for a couple of weeks and I was looking for a oil leaks, it was a bit moist under the clutch cover but my clutch cover seems to be all cracked up?! My alternator cover was leaking last summer, I changed gaskets during winter and it seems to be fine now.. Could those cracks leak oil, or is it just gasket? Anyway, should I be looking for a new cover soon? And I did tighten all up in factory specs, 10nm. Cracks must've been there allready, I just didn't notice them before.
I see these stress cracks on a lot of covers. They aren't abnormal.

But inside the cover was same, I sanded it a little to smooth it out. And insert too was kinda rough from inside, never tought that they were cracked trough.. If it is cracked, I try to sand that a little to see better.

Inside of my covers had it, even where no paint. I do not know if it's cracks, shrinkage or sloppy casting technique but do not think it's any thing to stress over ( pun intended)

I lean forward sloppy casting
or cooling process after casting??

Back