Craigs List- deals/scams, Continued from the Pit Stop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
This is my 'conversations' with the boyz who wanted to sell that San Diego R1 for $2500.
I don't want to drop any hints of their stupidity openly, that they could catch wind of.
The addresses below are the ones they wrote me from. Seems they are so busy that they get confused.
When reading, you can see there at least two individuals writing, possibly three. There are run together sentences w/o caps. Then there is better writing. Then there is a bit of pigeon English, like 'R1 is better than V Max', not 'the'.
They wanted the money, but when it came to sending the MO, they never gave a total amount, like 2500 plus 400 ship fee would be 2900 total. They didn't ensure they were getting the full amount. They, of course, wanted anything they could get. We would want to insure we received every penny first.
They already had the bike at the shipping company before I sent any money. We do that. When someone would enquire about something we had for sale that required shipping, we would take it to the ship co. and give them the addy later. Sure.
I almost lost them twice. Once, after I gave them my fake name. I had an old G Mail account that had Mark F. I hadn't noticed this till they quit on me for a day. Then I came up with Mark F Johnston. The other time they had backed off, I then posted up '2900.00'. I had a feeling that would be an eye opener.
They wanted my phone number, and I wanted theirs. I suppose if someone really wanted to play this to the hilt, they could get a disposable phone like the dealers do.
BTW, 32 flu is from moons ago. Ks once had 3.2% beer for drinkers of ages 18-21. Grocery and convenience stores could sell it, but nothing stronger. When you came to work with a hang over or missed work, we would say they got 32 flu. I had my fair share of that.
I have a 90% feeling they play out of the old western block. 'Regards' is popular/ common there. The email time lines were right coming out of there, being awake vs sleeping. An email we received from PayPal came from Brussels, which our complaint was transfered there from NE.
We turned them in to 3 different places and have one more to go. They're probably in an area where the locals don't care. As long as they're not hurting the locals and helping the local economy...
As Western Union said, and most of us know, never send a WU MO without looking them in the face first.
I'll try to post up some fake Ebay/ PayPal emails with Western Union attached to them later. WU and Ebay are not affiliated.
Anyway, if you ever get bored in the winter months...
I believe I have these in order and have all, below. G Mail has a odd way of hiding mails. One phony Ebay mail was hid in spam.
I gave these nards hints, like dream, never existed, imagining. They never took the hints.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

ME:
John,
Could you send me some more pics? How many miles does it have on it? Has it ever been dumped, and does it run ok? I live out of state but would be willing to travel if it is a good runner. I've been looking for a R1 at a decent price. I won't haggle you over the price. Thanks, Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
I am sorry for my tardiness in replying, for the time being I am on a business trip to Honolulu Hi,i just got a new job here so i`ll be moving here with my family. The bike is still available and the final price is $2,500.I`m selling it at such a low price because i need some cash soon for my business project. It is in best working and aesthetic condition,no scratches,no problems at the engine, never involved in accidents and it has 3,180 miles.Below you can find a link with some pictures:
http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/2008Yamaha_YZFR/?albumview=slideshow
Awaiting for reply.
Regards,
Patrick
ME:
Where is the bike at now? Is there any liens on it? I'd sure like to get it. When will you return?
Thanks again, Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
The bike has a clear title free of any liens or loans.
A few days ago I put myself on a plane to Honolulu HI and I'll be spending the next couple of weeks away from home(I just got a new job here).
Giving the nature of this transaction we can escrow the payment with eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program, and this way you're not buying something sight unseen. I've used their services in the past to buy my wife's bike. They keep the money until you receive and inspect the bike. You have 5 days to inspect the bike. If the bike is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you are able to inspect the bike before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.
If you agree with my terms please reply with your full name,address and phone number so we can move forward.
I?m a serious person and I hope you are too, because I really don?t have time to lose.
I'll be waiting for your reply.
P.S.If you decide to buy my bike don`t forget to send me your full name,address and phone number.
Thank you
ME:
My last name is Johnston. I live in St. Louis, Mo. My cell took a dump two days ago. It's my only phone at present. What a pain to be without one. It fell out of my shirt pocket. I sent it off yesterday morning. I should have my replacement in the mail this week. It was fortunate I had insurance on it. : ) Ebay would be the best way to go for both of us. How much will it cost me to ship from SD to St. Louis? I take it the bike is in San Diego, correct? That sure is a beautiful bike for a good price. I best get it. Hopefully you still have it. Let me know.
Mark
ME:
Did you sell the bike?
Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
The bike is still for sale,because i used eBay`s services many times i got a discount from them so it won`t cost me more than $400 to ship it.It is already at the shipping company ready to be shipped.
I`m sorry about your phone,maybe you can get it fixed.If you want to buy it send me your full name and address so we can proceed.
ME:
Sounds good. I've just moved in a three weeks ago with some friends. My gf and I had it out and I moved out. I decided to get a bike and focus on it. She didn't want me to have a motorcycle. She knew I had been looking around for one. That, along with other things. Well, I had enough. You know how it goes. This bike is just the ticket. One of my room mates has a new V Max. It's ok but too bulky for me. I really don't like the looks. I wouldn't have one myself. He thinks it's the baddest around. Your bike looks so much better to me. I was going to have to get a partial loan. Now I can afford to get a sharp helmet and then some. I would guess this bike would get around 40 mph. What did you get? Tell me what I need to do. Thanks!
Mark F. Johnston
917 Cole St Apt B
Saint Louis, Mo 63101
ME:
What shipping company are you using?
Mark
THEM:
trans cargo inc
THEM:
Hi Mark,
Thank you for sending your info.I will send it to eBay so they can send you an invoice in order to pay for the bike.They will instruct you how to complete this transaction.Let me know when you get the invoice from eBay.R1 is better than v-max!
THEM:
Please give me your phone number so we can talk about the transaction.
ME:
I still have no phone. Sprint is giving me a hard time. It's time to change companies. My initial contract is up with them anyway. I will do my best to get to the bank, then to send off the money. I take it I just need to give them the number? I have to pick up a few things from my x gf's apt first. It won't be fun. I don't have any feelings for her now. It's though she never existed. It's a good thing. I'm not going to tell her that till I have what I want. I'd rather be riding that be stuck with a nagger. If you want, send me your number and I'll get some change and stop by a pay phone. We shouldn't have to talk too long. I'm sure it'll be expensive, but it would probably be best.
Hear from you soon. Peace bro!
Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
You just need to go there and to transfer the funds using cash through Western Union to the agent from eBay.After the payment has been sent just give them a call on the number that you have on the invoice so you can confirm the payment.
I now how it is,i`ve been in a same situation with one of x girlfriends.We can chat through emails,it doens`t bother me.Please let me know once the payment has been sent.
ME:
Patrick,
I just got back. Western Union wouldn't let me use the number you gave without an address of where it is going. Can you get me that? I want to get this bike coming and I'm sure you want the money.
Thanks, Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
You don`t need any number you just have to send the payment to the verified agent from eBay using his name and address,i asked eBay and they gave me the information,here it is:Name:Bren Costone
Address:540 Babcock St NE Palm Bay FL 32905
Once the payment has been sent just give them a call to confirm the payment or fax them the Western Union receipt so i can begin the shipping process.
ME:
I just got back from finding out that it looks like I came down with what they call the thirty two flu. I have a smashing headache and can't leave the house. I feel like I went out and drank a case of cheap Bud. I feel like I'm in a dream, like I'm imagining things. It's probably my x's fault. The doctor says I should be over it within a day and a half. Whenever I can get more than ten steps away from the toilie, I'll get er done. I hope you aren't upset.
Very sorry,
Mark
ME:
If you still have the bike, I have a guy named Paul, one of my room mate's friend, who will go and take care of the money order thing for me. He'll be back within two to three hours. It was 2900.00 total, correct? Let me know.
Mark
THEM:
yes it is.i will wait for you to send the payment so i can begin the shipping process.
ME:
Paul got the money off. It's on the way! Hopefully I'll be up and running and be on that sharp R1 real soon. It has perked me up some. I can't thank you enough. This seems so unreal to me. Let me know when you receive the money and the bike is shipped. I am doing much better over the last hour. Hopefully this 32 flu will only last 12 hrs. I hate being ill. I'll be awaiting anxiously for that bike. It's going to seem like forever.
Peace,
Mark
THEM:
Hi Mark,
That`s great,please let me know when the payment has been sent so i can begin the shipping process.
ME:
It should be there by noon at the latest. Let me know when you have it and that you have contacted the shippers. I would like to have a date as when the R1 will arrive. I would like to be here when it shows up.
THEM:
it will be there in maximum 4 days after the payment has been sent.
THEM:
Please give me your phone number.
ME:
Not a problem. I got my phone back. Mio nombre esta u-got-sca-mmed. Yes, it's true, you've been slacker'd. I slipped you a mickey. No, I didn't barf or have the galloping trots. I have no money, no room mates, no friends, nor x girlfriends. Actually, I'm so ugly, the only friends I have are people like you that have not seen me. I'm so ugly that every time I get a dog from the pound, it finds a way to run off. One broke out my picture window. Another purposely ran out in front of a truck. I'm so ugly, people hire me out to live in their house for 24 hours, to rid the place of roaches and rodents. Many people can't figure out if I'm a male or female. Yes, they call me Pat. Girls will not go out with me for the possibility of going gay.
Now that you know that I have sent you fictional money, are you cowboys big enough to admit you were sending me a fictional R1? Honestly, you tards need some help. It was easy to pick you out of the crowd, many times over. I'll tell you what, for 20k euro, I'll let you know where you go wrong. For an additional 40k euro, I'll show you how to scam someone big time. Western Union money order only. After it clears, you will receive all the info you need to make the big bucks. Trust me comrades.
The last time we conversed, it was over you wanting $4k for nothing. I asked what country you lived in, how much you scammed in annually, and if we could be pen pals. You never answered me back. That is most rude where I come from. Very disrespectful.
Now, what ever happened to 'Thou shalt not steal' and 'Thou shalt not bear false witness', huh? Stealing from the rich isn't correct either, but you tards steal from the low rents, like me. One thing is for sure, you'll steal from anyone. I'll give you no respect for that. Does your mommies know what you're doing?
As we part tea, might I suggest we do some Jacksons. I'll sing, 'Oh, You Nasty Boyz', and you can sing, 'I always feel like somebody's watching me'.
Regards,
Sherman T. Potter
THEM:
you are crazy :))
ME:
And you are common theives.
THEM:
yes we are.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Oh man, I put that one up for you guys and you ran all the way with it. Thats to much. That add for the R1 came up on CL when I searched "tractor". Weird ha?
Good job, my hats off to you.
I remember the pics of the bike looking just like some I saw in an add for a John Deer tractor with all the implements. The steel building and trees in the back ground, no way that was here in SD.

Cant trick a tricker.

Yep, that was yours, FR. At the time I inquired about this fine scooter, the ad was being removed. I'll post up the invoices. Hopefully they'll be readable. Notice the 'ebay-motors' (the -) and 'PayPal Motors' (no such animal). Again, Western Union w/ Ebay, isn't correct. On the invoices, they only called for 2500, not 2900. They would of settled for 5 bucks. Anything is a gain. The colored email went to hidden spam and I didn't notice it till yesterday. The other, which I seen when sent, has not html. That invoice, which is hard to read, even states that your computer may not see the html. Another hint of being bogus.

Attachments

• R1 Scam Copied 1 001.jpg
    R1 Scam Copied 1 001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 28
  • R1 Scam Scanned 2 001.jpg
    R1 Scam Scanned 2 001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 19
  • R1 Scam 5 001.jpg
    R1 Scam 5 001.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 18
Are you reporting this to CL and Ebay? Or the police? Not that they'll give a shit. But its worth a try.

CL, PP, EB, WU, FBI, local PD. Like the chief said, they're prob in an area where no one cares. I knew of places like that. The local authorities may get a take. You never know. Since this 'John Wess' has been used since last fall and still being used, they about have to be in one of these areas. The companies w/ money, who get burnt paying out claims, are probably the ones who want these people the worst. They'd be the ones to pressure the law, or maybe send in mercs.:biglaugh:

What I really wanted was to get them to admit who they are and that there was more than one. I got that in their last statement.

Man, that's pretty crazy. Usually as soon as a scammer gets wind that you're on to them they instantly vanish. Surprised they actually came back, but like you said I guess they're not so good at taking hints. Had someone pull a classic "nigerian scam" on a boat auction on my business ebay account. Western union the money to "my american agent", yadda yadda yadda. We need "a small processing fee".... I just ignored them and re-listed the item, but they pestered me for a couple days(some load of crap about them needing THIS EXACT boat ASAP) before I simply replied that I wasn't interested in their scam, and I never heard from them again. As if it wasn't obvious enough, it was for a piece of crap used boat that was selling for like $1500...he really thinks I would believe he would pay thousands to get it shipped to God-knows-where?

Also eBay seems to be very anti money order...all sorts of payment and message pages have warnings to never send payment via money order. The "find the nearest WU office" instantly gave that one away.

And to think, for every person who catches on and either disregards the "seller", or screws with them like you did, there's probably at least one that falls for it, sends money off and that's that. These scammers wouldn't still be doing this if nobody ever fell for it.

:rofl_200:i've never seen the hidden turbochargers for the max

C'mon dude....the turbo is installed just above the carb chains.

The 88 VMax is commonly known as "The most powerful max" due to the factory installed turbo. Didn't you see the 150 HP number the guy gave?

Latest posts

Back