-Craigs List- deals/scams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/1768909274.html

i asked for pics, ill post what he sends when i get them.

I'm pretty sure that's the same bike that was listed previously as the "motor built by Vance and Hines"(which is total crap).

Clue 1: When they spend $2500+ to build a motor, you'd think they'd know it was bored and stroked, the engine isn't happy to be here, or stoked.

Clue 2: 280hp? This guy's on crack. "I really doubt it was that beefy"...yeah, no shite Sherlock. Take 100hp off, and you're at a VERY optimistic figure at best. Assume 110 from a stock bike, he thinks its 250% stronger?

Clue 2: 280hp? Take 100hp off, and you're at a VERY optimistic figure at best.

Oh my friend I beg to differ, the vendor on here that can be called with a spot light in the air was telling me about a 200hp MOTOR, plus nos to get you to 300hp:worthy::worthy::worthy:

(i did not ask it that was crank or wheel hp):bang head::bang head:

But anyways, give me that motor and I'll send you Videos of me whooppin up on Busa's and 14's.
Oh ya, I need an R1 front end and Ohlins rears.

When I was looking for a bike for my wife last fall, I ran across a 1100 Honda cruiser bike in Springfield, Mo for about 1/2 the avg retail price. I wrote about it, then went to surrounding city CL's. I came across the same bike at Wichita, stating the bike was there. I then wrote and asked was it 'here' or SF. I then seen that it was at Tulsa and St Louis. I asked each time, 'Or is it here?' Forgetting about it, a week later I received an email from an 'air force TSgt'. He said he just PCS'd to a base in S Tx, that the bike was in a crate, at a shipping co. in Nashville. Ok, I could understand that, the in route, but why sell something no one could see? Of course, having the same bike in four cities, that I knew of, was a give away. I was surprised this ind even wrote back. Surely he knew I knew he was a scammer. Also, this guy stated he was at a base by a border town. Being with the air force for half my life, including presently, I knew there was nothing there. I remember asking him some more questions. The ind then sent me an email with a money account. These emails were in Pigeon English. Along with this email, he stated what I had to do to send the money, that he had to go do some 'test flights'. This was sent Sunday, about 5:30 pm. I couldn't go on after that. My reply was 'HAHAHAHAHA! Now, that was funny!. Just curious, how many people have fell for that one? And what country you out of?' I didn't get a reply. I would of liked to know where he was out of. I turned it in to the state AG and CL.

I wrote the individual(s). Will post up the reply, if any.:biglaugh:

John,
Could you send me some more pics? How many miles does it have on it? Has it ever been dumped, and does it run ok? I live out of state but would be willing to travel if it is a good runner. I've been looking for a R1 at a decent price. I won't haggle you over the price.
Thanks, Mark

Craigslist goes both ways....people who think their crap is worth full blown retail prices, and people with nice things who have no idea what it's worth.

Thing with the bargains is you can't hesitate for a second. Have to absolutely pounce the second you see it. I've missed several deals because I wasn't able to go look at it right away. There was a Yamaha Warrior 350 quad, only a couple years old, loads of extras, for $1000 this spring. I saw the ad come up in the morning at work, by 5pm it was already sold. :bang head:

Latest posts

Back