craigslist listings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
you know it is truly hard for me to bite my tongue and not say anything back to the idiots that write these postings. Granted I look for Vmax's and alot of times I want to say "your an F'n moron!". Yet at the same time I refrain from posting the links here because I do not want to embarrass a potential poster that might be a forum member here. Damn these people I tell you :bang head:

G

I still post them up here, all the time. I don't care if it's a forum member or not, in fact, I posted a pi$$ poor attempt at a custom "rattle can" flat black paint job here a few months ago, only to have the owner of the bike pop in to defend himself. Makes for an awkward situation every now and then, but who cares? It's all in fun as far as I'm concerned. I especially like to post the WAY OVERPRICED Craigslist ads, just for kicks. Some guys are just WAY too proud of their bikes!

Tornado, I don't think the ownet of the Rattlecan fired back at you but someone else with a rattlecan job was offended. Seeing how I now have the Rattlecan Special, almost all the flat black is gone with just the frame to be stripped and painted to start the ressurection. It was originally nastier than you could tell from the CL pics. While I am enjoying the rebuild, it is slow and time consuming and will start costing me some cash soon as gaskets and rubber parts mostly have to be replaced. Don't want a leaker on my hands after reassembly over a few bucks worth of o-rings, boots, seals or gaskets.

I still post them up here, all the time. I don't care if it's a forum member or not, in fact, I posted a pi$$ poor attempt at a custom "rattle can" flat black paint job here a few months ago, only to have the owner of the bike pop in to defend himself. Makes for an awkward situation every now and then, but who cares? It's all in fun as far as I'm concerned. I especially like to post the WAY OVERPRICED Craigslist ads, just for kicks. Some guys are just WAY too proud of their bikes!

I know what you mean by over priced, I had seen one that I wanted to post but lost the dang ad. It was if I remember correctly $6,800 for a stock 85' with under 10k miles on the clock. I couldn't help it :rofl_200:

G

Someone here in FL was asking $6K for a Honda Pacific Coast
pc800-90.jpg

Not much more than a Shadow 600 v-twin w/a lotta bodywork to replace when you capsize that boat!

I would much-rather have a new Honda NC700X for $7K, w/a full warranty!
DSC_7821-1024x680.jpg

I think the P.C. Honda looked a lot like the BMW that was their first bike capable of breaking 150 mph, here it is. Anyone recall what it's called? Only Helen Keller would miss this one...
bmw-k1.jpg

I almost bought one of these back when I bought my '92 V-Max in '93. The guy had a good-condition one needing a bit of t.l.c., but the asking-price was > the 1700 mile year-old V-Max I found at the Ft. Lauderdale Yamaha dealer. I also looked at a Moto Guzzi Daytona 1000, which needed some crash repair, and the dealer estimated the replacement parts to fix it would be $2500. He was someone I've known a long time. So the purchase price for the Daytona and the repair parts would be > the V-Max i found.

moto-guzi-1000-daytona.jpg

I also looked at a polished-up Ducati 851
jenise-851.jpg

(remember, this is 1993) which was owned by the Ft. Lauderdale Ferrari dealer, who lived down the road on a deep-water canal to the ocean, not-far from a fire-rescue co-worker, but that was the most-expensive of all of those, and he wouldn't budge on the price ('way-more than a new V-Max, though the bike was immaculate, and had <3K miles on it-$11K), so I said, "pass" on all the Euo snob-bikes, and bought my V-Max, which is still going today (albeit w/some 'work' being necessary). I still like to drink cappuchino, look-at Latin women (my wife), and think a V-12 hitting 9000 rpm is one of the best sounds on earth. But, my allegiance is to my venerable V-Max, which will hit twenty years of my ownership, next year.

Back