Cramp buster

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
IF ANYONE WAS THINKING THOSE THINGS CALLED " CRAMP BUSTERS " SOLD BY JP CYCLES , THAT LOOK LIKE LITTLE PADDLES THAT WRAP AROUND THE THROTTLE SO YOU DON'T HOLD ON SO TIGHT ARE A CROCK , WELL SO DID I , SO AFTER LOOKING AT THEM FOR THE LAST YEAR I BOUGHT 2 OF THEM , PUT ONE ON MY BIKE & ONE ON MY FRIENDS BIKE & MAN THEY ARE GREAT !!!!!!!!! ONCE YOU GET THEM IN THE RIGHT SPOT YOU FORGET ITS EVEN THERE ! WHAT A GREAT ADDITION FOR LONG RIDES !:punk:

IF ANYONE WAS THINKING THOSE THINGS CALLED " CRAMP BUSTERS " SOLD BY JP CYCLES , THAT LOOK LIKE LITTLE PADDLES THAT WRAP AROUND THE THROTTLE SO YOU DON'T HOLD ON SO TIGHT ARE A CROCK , WELL SO DID I , SO AFTER LOOKING AT THEM FOR THE LAST YEAR I BOUGHT 2 OF THEM , PUT ONE ON MY BIKE & ONE ON MY FRIENDS BIKE & MAN THEY ARE GREAT !!!!!!!!! ONCE YOU GET THEM IN THE RIGHT SPOT YOU FORGET ITS EVEN THERE ! WHAT A GREAT ADDITION FOR LONG RIDES !:punk:

Dude, your just finding out about them now? Where have you been? I have had one on my max for 10 years now. OOOOOO thats right your from Jersey.:doh::th_laugh2:

Had one... Hated it... Installed Throttlemeisters on both my bikes. LOVE IT! :biglaugh:

Using the cramp buster through towns or stop and go is suicide IMO.

What's the difference between cramp buster and throttlemeister?

The cramp buster is a paddle like device on the twist grip which the heel of your hand rests on taking strain off the wrist. Definite downside to the cramp buster is during front braking. It's easy for your brake hand to rotate backwards and accelerate the bike at the same time you're trying to stop it.

The throttlemeister is advertised as being a 'mechanical cruise control' and connects directly to the grip end, replacing the stock bar end. I'm guessing it is a type of throttle set. I have never used one of these but am seriously considering it.

Had one... Hated it... Installed Throttlemeisters on both my bikes. LOVE IT! :biglaugh:

Using the cramp buster through towns or stop and go is suicide IMO.

I am not sure I would be so dramatic to call it suicide...but it can be a challenge. It is adjustable so I move it down a little when I am around town driving.

The throttlemeisters is definitely a better piece, but it comes with a price.

For the last 25 years or so (since they have been on the market), I have been using a throttle lock (NEP and Vista Cruise make them). I prefer the Vista Cruise. Does require some mods to the plastic throttle sleeve though since the Max has ridges where the throttle lock clamps the sleeve. These must be carefully removed so the lock has a smooth surface to grip. There is another version that spans the brake housing and grips around the outside of the rubber grip. I have never liked the looks or function of that one though. The Throttlemeister is more of a hassle to use and is outrageously expensive....

For the last 25 years or so (since they have been on the market), I have been using a throttle lock (NEP and Vista Cruise make them). I prefer the Vista Cruise. Does require some mods to the plastic throttle sleeve though since the Max has ridges where the throttle lock clamps the sleeve. These must be carefully removed so the lock has a smooth surface to grip. There is another version that spans the brake housing and grips around the outside of the rubber grip. I have never liked the looks or function of that one though. The Throttlemeister is more of a hassle to use and is outrageously expensive....

No really a hassle once you have used it and it looks soooo much better than anything out there that it's worth it to me. Can't tell it has cruise! :eusa_dance:

THE CRAMP BUSTER IS $10.00 , INSTALLS IN 2 SECONDS & IS REMOVED & IN MY POCKET IN 1 SECOND , & WHEN I'M RIDING , I CAN'T SEE IT, IT'S UNDER MY HAND ! & WHEN I'M HOME IT'S ON A SHELF & THE BIKE STILL LOOKS GREAT ! :punk:

Back