Crankcase Breather Hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy1ear

Reaction score
Couldn't decide if this post should be under Carb or Engine heading so.
I have a 1/2 inch hose that goes between the Air Box and a nipple in the center of the crankcase that I saw called a "crankcase breather hose".
I need to replace it as it did not survive my last removal of it.
The problem is I could not find it here to order...

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oem...f8700209bc78db6d/1998-v-max-1200-vmx12k-parts

Called a dealer near me and I think they use the same doc and couldn't find it either..

My question is does anyone know the part number or do most just replace it with some aftermarket filter?

Thanks in advance.....

Use heater hose of the same i.d.

But should you want the oe part, it is shown on the radiator hose fische, number 56, part # 1FK-11166-00-00 and they call it Pipe, Breather 1

advanced auto or others will have the correct hose . I have mine run into a puke can then out of can into a small breather from advanced auto . If I remember right I also have a small like button or washer with a small hole in the center installed at the bottom of hose where it connects to motor I believe it's a stage seven thing .

Yeah, thought about that but is stiff "PVC maybe?" and shaped hose to bend around engine components. maybe i will try that anyway.

I have used heater hose on mine with no issue and it make getting the hose into the air-box spigot so much easier as it doesn't compress when pushing the air-box down.

OK Heater hose it is.. Thing is a pita to fiddle in place, that is for sure.

A word of caution, thicker heater hose or a non formed hose can cause binding with the vboost mechanism. I can get you one of these for $15 (PIPE,BREATHER 1 1FK-11166-00-00) - I should have it on hand but can't actually remember if I sold the last one for now.

Sean

A word of caution, thicker heater hose or a non formed hose can cause binding with the vboost mechanism.

Sean

So that's what that was. Took it out for a spin after i fashioned a heater hose replacement. Got on it enough to kick in the vboost once and it didn't want to stop boosting.

If you have the pipe and it works for you i will take it for the tip. If it is more trouble than it is worth for you i can get it from the local dealer.

Any tips on getting it on without crushing it? Had to use needle nose to grab the heater hose and moosh it down on the nipple. The oem hose is hard and it seems i might crush that.

Thanks for the heads up on the hose...

Latest posts

Back