Crankshaft

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much would it cost to replace a crankshaft. It was hit where it sticks out of the engine by the end near the flywheel bolt. Internally the motor turns over fine. Any help is always appreciated

Stick a dial gauge on-there and see what kind-of runout you have.

You will need a crank, bearings, set of gaskets, fluids, gen cover, flywheel, generator windings?
Add the labour costs - 3 days work? It will be pricey....

If in-fact the bike did take a hit to the crankshaft and deformed/bent it, you will probably find that it's cheaper to buy a used bike than to tear-into this one, unless you do all your own work. A re-power with another engine may-be the economical way to proceed, should you have to replace the crankshaft. You can buy a decent runner (an entire bike) for $3K these days, and defray the cost by parting out yours.

I have a nice engine lined up one of our brothers has. Just waiting for court for the rest of my money for my bike accident last year. If everything goes right I’ll have a stroked motor with flatslides.

Back