crap, I have a dilemma

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
I was polishing my Max this morning out on the street in front of the house. A lady stops her car, gets out and walks over to me. She tells me she had been looking for a Nice Max for a while, ...and really likes my flashy red bike. " would you consider selling it? she asks. She says mine fits her so well. "I had made lowering plates for it earlier because I found the bike to high. Well it fits her perfectly to! She said when she gets back to her home town, she's going to her bank to see if she can get the loan.
You know......you finally get the bike painted and all the bugs worked out.......your really enjoying it.......and some one comes with a fist full of money....egads!!
This was totally out of the blue. Although, this kind of thing happend when i was into Harleys. I would nicely get 1 done ,and some one would show up and say..."is this bike for sale???
I hate this when this happens. Please dont ask me what I am going to do.....because I dont know either.:confused2:

Last edited:
i may be in a similar situation bud!

i may be in a similar situation bud!

I already found another one. A 1999. He's in a bind.The bike has new Metzlers. He's asking $3800 and will take any reasonable offer.He says the bike has to go!
update...I just phoned him....he said he would take $3000. That would put a good chunk of change in my pocket.I could pick up 2 bikes, the max and a 1997 suzuki intruder 800cc.The guy is also desperate to sell.What to do???

upgrade, get cash? how u can you loose?

:hmmm:make the buck and have a max:hmmm:have your cake and eat it too? you know what to do,and you know what the MM wants(LOL)

Some people were just born with a horse shoe up their a$$. These kinda things never happen to me.:bang head: If that had been me, the lady would have scratched the tank getting on, dropped it while getting off and drove off without offering to fix anything.

I say go for it. You can always paint the '99, and sell it for twice the price a week later :)

Keep going like that, and you'll be riding a 2010 GenII sooner than you think!!

This actually just happened to me. I had a 90 Mustang GT just got it how I wanted it and a guy pulls up at a gas station wanting to check it out. Well long story short he pays me more than I got in it I take some of the money and buy the Max and the rest I spent for new windows in the house. I'm happy with the new bike (much faster than the GT) and the wife's happy with the house. Life's good
Later
Duke

Some people were just born with a horse shoe up their a$$. These kinda things never happen to me.:bang head: If that had been me, the lady would have scratched the tank getting on, dropped it while getting off and drove off without offering to fix anything.

Oh son of a gun ,lol I'm still laughing, you made my night!! Thanks.

I say go for it. You can always paint the '99, and sell it for twice the price a week later :)

Keep going like that, and you'll be riding a 2010 GenII sooner than you think!!

Now, talk about positive thinking!!! Still got paint left, and still have the tem plates to make new lowering blocks. Pretty much a "re-do":biglaugh:

This actually just happened to me. I had a 90 Mustang GT just got it how I wanted it and a guy pulls up at a gas station wanting to check it out. Well long story short he pays me more than I got in it I take some of the money and buy the Max and the rest I spent for new windows in the house. I'm happy with the new bike (much faster than the GT) and the wife's happy with the house. Life's good
Later
Duke

have you ever noticed, when the wife is happy,..your happy. Good call on the windows. Just ups the value of your home.

This happened to me I had a 1967 Malibu that was my dream car. I totally rebuilt this car from the ground up ( see pic in my album of it ). I was at a car show and a fellow seen it and wanted it saying a 67 Malibu was his first car how much for it:ummm: I said I did not know so I told him to bring a stack of hundred dollar bills to my address if he was serious so he took my name and address and I figured that was the last of it. I was wrong:confused2:
The very next day he pulls into my driveway and comes over to me saying he has a stack of hundred dollar bills and is ready to start counting :bang head:

Well he started counting and did bring enough for me to say sold :punk:
But I always regretted it to tell the truth .......just saying

I almost say don't make any moves until you have the check from the lady and it clears the bank. I've learned not to expect anything more than disappointment when someone says they'll do something and more often than not they back out. Learned the hard way not to count your chickens 'till they're hatched.

If you can make it happen though, I'm in agreement with everyone else. Go for it! I had a similar thing happen....a new friend of mine out here in AZ wants a first bike. He and some of his friends all gawked over my bike one night, and when I told him I'd get rid of it for $5000 and he agreed, I couldn't help but chuckle and say no. Then I told him how much I paid for the bike like 2 years and 10,000 miles ago....only $4000.

UP DATE.... the lady comes back, and tells me that her bike didnt sell,..and would I take it on trade with cash to-boot. Her bike---1996 yamaha virago 535cc with only 6 thou on the odometer and $3800 cash. Well the guy with the 99 max I found earlier. will take $3000-------that leaves me money left over....YAH !!
I phone Ron,..and he confirms he will take the 3grand, so I make the deal with the lady the next day,...she comes with truck and boy frend,..hands me cash,..they load up max, and away they go.
Cash in hand,...I go to get my new 1999 Max from Ron....And......he's changed his mind!!! His wife convinced him to take out a second mortgage on the house, and he no longer needs the cash :damn angry:
I am speachless:confused2: I cant believe what I;ve done! So I franticly phone some more Vmax adds...there all sold. My wife comes home from work, ..looks at my NEW bike,..and says " oh what a cute little bike" ARRRGGGG :bang head: ... Soooo, I'm riding this till I get a hold of another max. I took it for a rip :eusa_dance:...its feather light, 398lbs. Has a top speed of 160 kms "100mph, A 5 speed gear box. I was surprised :biglaugh: But what a hudge change comming
from the Max. Well... the bike is in "as new condition" I'm only into it for $1200 bucks, and they are listed on Kijji for $3200 in this shape. yadda yadda, oh hum,diddly dumb:ummm:

Attachments

• VIRAGO 535 001.jpg
    VIRAGO 535 001.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 28
  • VIRAGO 535 002.jpg
    VIRAGO 535 002.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 21
  • VIRAGO 535 003.jpg
    VIRAGO 535 003.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 22
  • VIRAGO 535 004.jpg
    VIRAGO 535 004.jpg