Crash pads/engine guard advise needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManulTheCat

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I caught a highslide on my recently bought '01 V-Max and really disliked a result.

So while new water pump is coming to replace the wrecked one I'm thinking about some protection for the bike. Had found a wide choice of guards/pads on the internet but what I totally missed was the comparison/reviews.

The one thing that complicates everything is the rarity of V-Maxes in my country (Ukraine) so there are almost no vendors selling spare parts or tuning kits. So basically I have three potions:
- make them in a workshop. Still an option but it could take plenty of time and I utterly want to ride as soon as possible
- buy some on ebay. Still have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for shipment but at least I would be able to ride during this time.
- find some alternative: universal fit crash pads or something like it. Looks like the most promising but risky approach.

So I want to ask if anyone could suggest what is better (or maybe point me towards useful links: I honestly tried to use search but with no result).

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

Glad you and the bike are alright.

I think it would be tricky and e pensive to have a nice set fabbed up. Perhaps you can find a nice set on ebay or from Sean, or another member here willing to ship to you. Maybe even a set that needs a refinish can be shipped and powdercoated locally. As always I would be weary of aftermarket, a lot of that affordable aftermarket stuff is substandard Chinese crap but maybe someone else knnows of a good aftermarket solution available to you. If it were me I would get a set of OEM bars and just wait for them.

Good luck and glad your alright.

I've got a few sets and can of course do our custom conversion and add the cruise pegs to the end as well. I've actually got one set that just came in that is stainless aftermarket set though it needs new delrin ends made for the very ends of the main tube.

Attachments

• Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Satin Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 1.jpg
    Satin Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Satin Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 2.jpg
    Satin Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Satin Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg
    Satin Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg