Critical Mass Yet Again - ‘90 Gen1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks buddy. With a handle like Screwloose, I should have imagined you 'd have a story or two along these lines.

Yes, these miserable extractors are made out of glass.
Never thought about the Screwloose name being associated with bolt extraction techniques 🤣 I liked that Lol.

Further to the above Burst the head up with a centre punch if the flat head does not get in. Just as an aside, before I even go near an external hex bolt that has probably got dirt in it I use a sharp scriber and run round it to get the dirt out the corners. Then I use a socket type hex head and smack it with a hammer a couple of times to bed the hex extractor into the bolt ensuring as good a fit as you will get. Also you will see on another thread people taking the roundness away from a socket head to let it go deeper into the corners, allot of my hex sockets have the roundness buffed away to allow them to sit down further and get into the corners of the bolt. If I feel the bolt still very stiff i’ll put a bit of heat on the surroundings with a blowtorch. If the bolt sheers after that then you can safely say it was going to do that anyway and its not your fault. Working on old gear can be slow and very demanding at every level.

you may already do this stuff, but if you dont then I hope i’ve helped somewhere.

Ya still got Triumph! (And Norton...sort of).
Allot of production is heading to Thailand. I’m not amused as we are becoming a land of managers, controlled by accountants, and losing our abilities to perform intricate hands-on precision craftmanship at a young age, and handing wealth/power to countries we should not be.

Not happy; but the only thing I can do about it is not buy one of their motorcycles. 🙂

OK. So this 90 is definitely trying to get me down. Devil bike? Maybe, but I haven’t yet completely resigned myself to that fact. The jury is still out. (but it’s definitely getting closer…)

After ignoring it for a few days out of spite, I got back after it today. Didn’t take long, and I was not kind because I was pissed. I should’ve been a little gentler, but it is what it is. At least I can get on with my life.

At the end of the day, you can work magic with a Dremel and a BFH. (You can also impart some collateral damage...Nothing a little black paint won’t disguise).

C6FE6E73-80E0-4FF8-A241-17E2FA04D7F2.jpeg9DCC0BA4-9F33-4C0E-929F-FEBBAA69BA86.jpegA0FBF0A6-782C-4688-852E-42FCBA4772B6.jpeg6556DB80-3483-43F4-AC56-4475847C2F9F.jpeg

Attachments

• 14117513-D0AF-4E45-8CCA-BD77C154ECD6.jpeg
    14117513-D0AF-4E45-8CCA-BD77C154ECD6.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 13
OK. So this 90 is definitely trying to get me down. Devil bike? Maybe, but I haven’t yet completely resigned myself to that fact. The jury is still out. (but it’s definitely getting closer…)

After ignoring it for a few days out of spite, I got back after it today. Didn’t take long, and I was not kind because I was pissed. I should’ve been a little gentler, but it is what it is. At least I can get on with my life.

At the end of the day, you can work magic with a Dremel and a BFH. (You can also impart some collateral damage...Nothing a little black paint won’t disguise).
Hallelujah

Back