Cross your fingers!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
:worthy: I found the company that bought the rights to the resistors that I was using for the COP's conversion mod. Yes bought the rights or pats etc / consumed / bought out the company that was making the resistors. Now the catch is they are really not too interested in putting them in production for me :bang head: nor offer them at this time. Yet they are willing to look into it and give me a minimum quanity to be ordered. Now with that being said I am nervous about how many they want me to buy or the price of them .:confused2: Now if it is possible for them to make a run and you guys want a kit please let me know. It might be one of those cash up front and several weeks waiting for the production run. I am not really able to front (guessing) several grand for resistors. Sean and I had spoke about the price of the ones I was buying before they were rudely priced back then and I am guessing "special run" means specially deep , can you feel it type of deal :rofl_200: Like I have always told people "I want the good deal not the BIG deal!"

So get your Christmas funds together and set aside just in case :clapping:

G

I have an interest in a set if the price is somewhat close to what is was before. I do understand it will be more than it was, but still need to make it an affordable mod. Please keep us posted on what options come about in this adventure.

Todd

no interest?

I have an interest in a set if the price is somewhat close to what is was before. I do understand it will be more than it was, but still need to make it an affordable mod. Please keep us posted on what options come about in this adventure.

Todd

Todd I will keep you all posted :punk: obviously the mod will not be affordable if we cannot keep the price around where it was. I personally would like to keep it at where it was, I am like all of you I want a good product with good value at an affordable price! :clapping: However if they want me to order some crazy amount of them and the price is close or the same as before I will not be able to do it simply because It would take forever to get back my original investment if I could ever get it back, but it does have to do with quanity required when ordering. Now also on the other hand if the resistors are way tooooo high per peice yet the quanity is low then it would also drive the price up. If I remember correctly last time I had out $1,200 for just literally a handful of resistors and it took almost 2 years to use them up:bang head: That is why this might become a money up front type deal with no refunds because I don't want to be hung out holding the bag of resistors :rofl_200: if you all know what I mean? I hope they get back to me soon, I am excited to see what they come up with or perhaps I am nervous to see it also. I know they did let me know that it would take some time to get back with me on pricing simply because it is not one of the products that they as a company know much about accept it came with the buy out of the company they had purchased. With that being said I think they must have layed everyone off when they bought that company and had only purchased them for some certain product designs etc. :confused2: That is why in my mind why they need time to look into it, otherwise the original employees of the company purchased would be able to give pricing almost instantly right?

G

I'm really glad to hear this! I haven't a need for more right now, but I'm forever selling on the COPs idea and especially your plug n play product so hopefully in the near future I'll be directing more buyers to you!
And, my bike's finally gonna be here soon so I'll be fitting MY set to it :))

FYI to all, in the final stages of getting a quote back, it has been a pain in the ARSE dealing with this new company that bought the rights to the resistors. I have been dealing with even giving them dimentions for their own freakin' resistors I am wondering if they want me to make them myself too. I can truly say "MORONS" it is like they have some of the info for the resistors but not all of it.. Weird questions is all I can say..

G

I am expecting some information back from the resistor company today, so we will see how bad I scream or if I am walking around funny looking to been taken advantage of. LOL

G

ok guys I have the quote back from the resistor company! it is doable , however It will be 8 -10 weeks out, the qty that I have to order will last a while provide there is no huge rush. There is a down side though I cannot fund the entire amount required for the purchase. I will need 5 trusting guys to pay up front and be willing to wait for 10-12 weeks until they recieve their kit. The other down side is I will need to raise the kit price by $15 to $210 Please let me know if you are interested in this.

Thanks G

Latest posts

Back