cruise control 1995 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacifier

Reaction score
does anyone have a suggestion for a good cruise control for a 1995 vmax. thanks
Steve

The cheapest option is a 'palm handle' that fits over the throttle.

Next comes a cheap plastic clamp that fits between the throttle and right switchgear.

Most expensive is a really nice metal version of that clamp.

Years ago someone actually installed a real cruise control using a car aftermarket unit. I have the components from a venture to maybe try and do the same thing but just need to get time to see if I can get it installed.

Sean

vista cruise. few guys have it (including me) and love it.

Which model vista cruise are you guys using? The universal one that has the goofy bar thing that goes over the throttle housing or the yamaha one? Can you keep the chrome piece on the inside of the grip up against the throttle housing. Pics?

Which model vista cruise are you guys using? The universal one that has the goofy bar thing that goes over the throttle housing or the yamaha one? Can you keep the chrome piece on the inside of the grip up against the throttle housing. Pics?

The universal one with the goofy bar thing. :biglaugh:

It fits on with no modifications req'd.

There's also the Brake-Away, I have one on the '99. They're very pricey...like $140 or something...are a beotch to adjust but work ok. Not that much better than the Vista-Cruise tho IMO.

This one works fine http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTO...3403093QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It's not a true 'cruise control' as Sean alluded to, just a throttle set.

I have the Vista cruise, and it works pretty well. I had to modify it by thinning it to fit between my brake master, and the right control assembly. Also had to put a longer brace bolt where the thumb lever attaches. Nice to have when your throttle hand is falling asleep, you can let go and get some blood back into your fingers!

Attachments

• cruise1.jpg
    cruise1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 18
Back