Cruise control/Throttle lock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please post back when you find out. To my understanding of the specs. the 7CP01 and the 7CP02 are identical, except for the bar diameter.

The diagram I received with my unit does not have a model number.

The specs may be identical, but they look physically different. The 7C0P2 has something like a stabilizer rod that goes from the throttle to the space in between the brake and throttle. 2 different mounting points directly on the bar. Whereas the 7C0P1 looks alot like yours and does not have that stabilizer rod. Looks like yours links up on the throttle and the brake lever.

The specs may be identical, but they look physically different. The 7C0P2 has something like a stabilizer rod that goes from the throttle to the space in between the brake and throttle. 2 different mounting points directly on the bar. Whereas the 7C0P1 looks alot like yours and does not have that stabilizer rod. Looks like yours links up on the throttle and the brake lever.
Mine is attached to the bolt that secures the clutch handle via a stamped metal angle iron. I think that rod removes the necessity for using the brake lever bolt (much cleaner.)

I went to https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=7cp02&FORM=HDRSC2 and downloaded pix of both styles. The one that looks like mine saved as 7CP04 and the one with the rod as 7CP01. No assembly number was printed on the instructions that came with mine.

I will be very interested to hear what BrakeAway say.

That is the older 5CP02 model which was discontinued in 2013. The 5CP02 ONLY fit the generation 1 V-Max and would not fit the Gen 2 because of the radial brake set up.

When we changed and drastically improved the design of the BrakeAway via the 7C series, it now fit the later model V-Max but has not been tested on the earlier Gen 1.

If you don't like the support and or moving the brake lever over 1/4", we do have the 7CP04 model which mounts to the brake pivot nut similar to the older model 5CP02.

You can see a picture of it if you go to our website and scroll to the bottom of the home page. Look at 7CP04...... https://brakeawayproducts.com/

I would need to have you send some pictures to tell if it might be compatible.

The email they sent me regarding the style you have. I will ask what type of pics they need so I can see if its compatible.

Yes, I have a Vista Cruise. Make sure you set it up so you can override the tension set when it's "on," just by a twist of the wrist. Yes, normally you flip the lever to 'off,' to allow the return springs to work in the carb linkage, the manual override is for that emergency situation where you need to disengage it without flipping the lever, maybe an animal (deer) suddenly appearing in-front of you. Or, you overtake a Cobra 4/4 exhaust-equipped VMax...;)
Yea, please have Cobra Exhaust if we're going to race....lol

Well, whatever your experience may have been with them in the past, thats no longer the case today. They basically black balled me. They seemed to be quick with the replies until I started asking the technical questions then they slowed responses to once a day to once every couple days to not at all. The last email sent says this,

"I'm sorry, I can't help you. We do not have a compatible BrakeAway for the Gen 1 V-Max."

Even with picture proof and their prior email of "new and improved". Its a shame. I really like the look of it and I think it would be a great fit but this company isnt interested in helping me out at all.

I use a "GoCruise2" dead simple and 30 seconds to install. Works perfectly.
Just ordered 2 of them off Amazon... One for Vmax and one for Roadliner... Touring road star already has a Vista cruise and it works well but ugly and sidecar bike doesn't need it (full throttle is 70 mph with me on it)

I had a
Just ordered 2 of them off Amazon... One for Vmax and one for Roadliner... Touring road star already has a Vista cruise and it works well but ugly and sidecar bike doesn't need it (full throttle is 70 mph with me on it)

I had a Vista cruise on my last max. It now lays in a parts box somewhere, forgotten. It worked ok, I guess, but was kind of a monstrosity and over complicated for it's function. It was also difficult to adjust tension on the fly. Go cruise does the same exact thing but a much simpler design. No tools necessary and no need to even stop for adjustment. I got mine in chrome and it blends nicely with the chrome on the rest of the bike. Most people don't even notice it.

Latest posts

Back