Cruise control

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhhh, ummmm, ehhh,...........that's a throttle lock. Not a cruise control.

Brake-a-way brand throttle locks work great, provided they are installed and set up properly. I have them installed on both Shala's, and my Honda Runes. However, on both those bikes, I went ahead and installed full-on, vacuum operated cruise units because I wanted one that would maintain a set speed up/down the highway regardless of the terrain. I kept the Brake-a-way's installed as a back up in case the vacuum units ever shoot craps on us.

The only drawback to this Brake-a-way unit for me was getting used to the space needed for it on the hand grip.

I have one on my M109R - it works great! They are a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. It looks decent and the brake disengage feature is very useful. Also, I did not find it difficult to adjust.

I have a friend who has one on his VTX. While I like the looks and the brake release feature, space and cost was a factor in my choosing the universal VistaCruz.

Ehhhh, ummmm, ehhh,...........that's a throttle lock. Not a cruise control.

Brake-a-way brand throttle locks work great, provided they are installed and set up properly. I have them installed on both Shala's, and my Honda Runes. However, on both those bikes, I went ahead and installed full-on, vacuum operated cruise units because I wanted one that would maintain a set speed up/down the highway regardless of the terrain. I kept the Brake-a-way's installed as a back up in case the vacuum units ever shoot craps on us.

The only drawback to this Brake-a-way unit for me was getting used to the space needed for it on the hand grip.

Yup, a throttle lock!! I had installed a true cruise control on my RF900 and hid the main actuating unit behind the right side plastic side panel; I mounted the main switch on the right side panel down from the glovebox....

Being a frugal person, I have been using the Vista-Cruise (or equivalent) for at least 35 years on every bike I have owned. Works great, takes no room on the grip and costs less that $30. On the Max requires some slight mods to the throttle sleeve.

I think Gannon is going to bring the bike back here or eventually get the bugs worked out of the cruise setup we were working on (using Venture parts).

Being a frugal person, I have been using the Vista-Cruise (or equivalent) for at least 35 years on every bike I have owned. Works great, takes no room on the grip and costs less that $30. On the Max requires some slight mods to the throttle sleeve.

+1, same here. It's cheap and gives my hand a brake on long rides, but it's not a cruise control by any means. If your on a level roadway, it's ok. It disengages easy enough. A true unit that's small and affordable would sell, I believe.
Steve-o

Back