Crush Washers: Oil Drain Plug & Gear Box Plug

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybergrizzly

Reaction score
Yesterday, I replaced the filter, engine oil and gear oil. Had a new OEM crush washer for the engine plug but not for the gear oil plug (paid about $2.75 at the Yamaha Dealer...ouch !!!). Afterwards, a bit of a leak at the gear drain plug. Tightened a bit more and it seems to have stop. Hopefully, I'll use the bike tomorrow and find out.

Is there not another alternative to buy bulk packages such as maybe 10 or 20 per pack in Amazon or similar? Both drain plugs are 17mm, so I might assume that the gear drain plug uses the same size crush washer. Size: What I am looking after in specifications ? Aluminum or Copper, which one is preferred ?

I live in Central America so it is easier for me to buy from Amazon or Ebay, and get stuff sent to a courier service in Miami.

Thanks,

i know guys have used copper ones without issue. i just buy a whole bunch of oem ones when i'm doing other orders form other places. IIRC $2.75 seems really high.

i may be outta the ordinary but ive never changed those. i just clean and re use em.

Latest posts

Back