Custom Exhaust Build/Fab Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIGBrat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a certified welder/fabricator and I want to build a custom exhaust. Nothing too wacky, though I may throw in some nice pie cuts for aesthetics, the material will definitely made out of austenitic stainless steel. Does anybody have any measurements they would be willing to share? I'm looking pipe diameters, flange stud bolt measurements, angles of bends...etc. If anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fellas.

There isn't anything out there that I am aware of for dimensions. I do have some comparison pics of Gen 1 Vmax exhausts. You didnt mention what year you're working with?

I'm working work a 2006 gen 1 VMAX with your Muscle jet kit. There's a part of me that's saying hey if you're gonna build a custom exhaust you might as well go all the way and fab up a turbo set up. Not sure if I would do a blow thru or draw thru fuel delivery tho.

I would suggest 1-5/8" for the tubing. If running dual exhaust I would suggest 2" mid pipes. If running single exhaust i would suggest 2.5" mid pipe. You need to tie in at least 2 cylinders or more to keep scavenging. I have a cheap (in my opinion) old damaged 4-1 Hindle you could use for parts.

Attachments

• Exhaust Compare 1.jpg
    Exhaust Compare 1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Exhaust Comparison 2.jpg
    Exhaust Comparison 2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back