• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom paint body set. -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Custom painted body set has not been on a bike since being painted. The colors are not completely traditional colors it has lots of pearl over it. It only looks complete black when not in the sun when the sun hits it turns black gold & the yellow has lots of flake in it. I tried to get a picture showing but it does not show well in pictures. $ 475 Exchange plus shipping or $ 700 outright with no core

Attachments

• kr vmax in the sun 033.jpg
    kr vmax in the sun 033.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 71
  • kr vmax in the sun 035.jpg
    kr vmax in the sun 035.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 80
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 008.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 008.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 006.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 006.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 70
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 005.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 65
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 004.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 59
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 003.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 58
  • More Vmax Kenny Roberts 002.jpg
    More Vmax Kenny Roberts 002.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 55
Re: Custom paint body set.

A tasteful example of the traditional Yamaha 1970's paint scheme, as interpreted by the talented Mr. Kyle! I bet you win some trophies sporting this at your local bike shows.

A tasteful example of the traditional Yamaha 1970's paint scheme, as interpreted by the talented Mr. Kyle! I bet you win some trophies sporting this at your local bike shows.
Thanks ! I wished Christine liked black & yellow & everything else on her bike was not powder coated bright sparkle silver. I would put it on there.

Joe, the FL owner of Boxenstopp has a silver metalflake ride that looks pretty good.

Nice Kyle,
I may have to do something like that when I freshen up Redbone's paint.
I'm thinking black and white over flaked HOK Euro Red with the stipe ending up in a checkered flap pattern on the rear fender. Scoops and side panels are black chrome so no paint there though.

Redbone Tail.jpg

Nice Kyle,
I may have to do something like that when I freshen up Redbone's paint.
I'm thinking black and white over flaked HOK Euro Red with the stipe ending up in a checkered flap pattern on the rear fender. Scoops and side panels are black chrome so no paint there though.

View attachment 54639

Thanks ! What you have in mind sounds cool. As soon as I finish the 1964 Vespa I am working on I am going to start on a Vmax set for another member here.

I have some HOK Blurple here that I thought about doing another set with some kind of design but its kind of risky painting sets hoping someone else likes what you like. I just had to do the Kenny Roberts theme on a set since I had been thinking about it for a while & a couple other people were curious how I would do it.

It probably won't be until next fall anyways, that way I can see if my idea is really the way I want to go. I know I want a bit more blingy (pearl likely)paint than the one color I have now. I have a new radiator cover, black chrome scoops/ side covers and will add a few more parts to the BC list as well.
Anyways, the classic Yamaha racing stripe is something I have always liked and your classic color and stripe really hit a chord for me. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Kyle,

It was nice meeting you also. Thanks for meeting up with us and your work looks fantastic!

Latest posts

Back