• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Custom Paint Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATMAX

Reaction score
For sale is a new, never installed custom paint set From Morley’s Muscle.
It is not just the standard fender and airbox cover.
I sourced perfect cores and sent them out for paint for a custom build that did not happen. It is “Atomic Tangerine which has large effects made of crushed contact lenses for a high prismatic effect. I live in Florida and wanted the strong sun to do its thing.
You get the three standard pieces of front and rear fenders and faux cover but add the Instrument cover, and side covers and scoops! It is one of a kind. I know there is a motor out there somewhere painted the same color according to Sean. No cores required.
outright sale. $2,000 or best offer. Paint was close to that amount ten plus years ago and you know where material costs have gone. This price is shipped and insured to continental USA and insurance. They are perfect and new. Hope the videos speak for themselves.
Best to email me as I am rarely on here anymore. [email protected]

Thanks for looking, Patmax.

View attachment IMG_8985.MOV

Attachments

• IMG_8987.MOV
    46.5 MB
I like a tangerine dream scheme. Great color. GLWS. Have you liquidated your parts/bikes? 'Bye, Pat.

I like a tangerine dream scheme. Great color. GLWS. Have you liquidated your parts/bikes? 'Bye, Pat.
This is the first item I have posted Phil. Reaching out to my peeps if they have any interest in anything in particular. Mostly factory parts, some chrome bits and custom aftermarket. tones of cores for paint or Powdercoat both steel and aluminum parts. Bulk pricing of course ! About five complete engines and three or four partial motors.
I can part out carb racks, Vboost assemblies, ECUs and the like. Half dozen frames in various states of restoration from fresh paint to media blasted.
three or four new powdercoated swing arms including a notched and braced one. Housing and marital changes got me reassessing. Just sold some of my prized RC planes.

Attachments

• B435C964-C631-4F2F-96DB-2C0982BF4B15.jpeg
    B435C964-C631-4F2F-96DB-2C0982BF4B15.jpeg
    661.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 39BF759D-177D-48BC-9AB7-3BA54CBA618A.jpeg
    39BF759D-177D-48BC-9AB7-3BA54CBA618A.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 0
Wiley Post!

And the real thing, a BF109 at the WWII Museum in New Orleans.

Is yours a prop-version of a 163 rocketplane? At Markham Park in Sunrise (FL) on the east side of Alligator Alley they allow RC jets to operate. The sound they make is second only to the performance they exhibit!

WW II fighter.png

Last edited:
Wiley Post!

And the real thing, a BF109 at the WWII Museum in New Orleans.

Is yours a prop-version of a 163 rocketplane? At Markham Park in Sunrise (FL) on the east side of Alligator Alley they allow RC jets to operate. The sound they make is second only to the performance they exhibit!

View attachment 85508
I was just in NO last Thanksgiving and would have made that museum a must stop had I known that ! My plane is nitro two stroke up front with true solid propellant rockcet assist take off by remote ignition of course. This plane flew at Markham Park. I know several of the jet jockeys there. And one pic for you from my last visit to WPAFB
museum.

The real deal ME 163
USAF Museum Dayton Ohio. My hometown.

Attachments

• 1B9B1DAF-E7BD-4AAB-9247-E31F7FC9E007.MOV
    37.8 MB
Those rocketplanes were much-faster than any operational Allied plane, same for the 262 Nazi jet. The German WW II design work on aero and the jet engine is what the Soviets used to develop the MIG 15. At the end of WW II, the Americans were engaged in a race to find as-much advanced technology of the Third Reich as they could, they were looking to deprive the Soviets and yes, even the British, of what they found. Operation Paperclip it was labelled. Dr. Werner Von Braun was an early reader of Dr. Goddard's work, and the captured German scientist became the popular face of America's space program. Indeed, America's first military rockets after WW II were captured German V2/A4 rockets, launched under the guidance of Dr. Von Braun's team.

Dr. Robert H Goddard, America's first and foremost rocket scientist, invented the liquid-propelled rocket. He was rebuffed repeatedly by the US military for significant investment in the technology he was developing to launch and to control the flight path of liquid-propelled rockets. However, Charles Lindbergh was interested in rocketry, and he introduced Goddard to the Carnegie Foundation, where he was able to receive financial support. He also received financial support from the Smithsonian and from the Guggenheim Foundation.

There is an interesting tie-in with American motorcycling and Dr. Goddard. A member of the DuPont family bankrolled Goddard's work when the US government military wouldn't support Goddard at the same level. A member of the DuPont family (E. Paul DuPont) also bought Indian during the 1930's to keep it alive, resulting in Indians being painted with DuPont paints in a wide variety of colors, far-more colors than they ever had access to, or used, before.
https://www.cycleworld.com/when-du-pont-saved-indian-motorcycle-from-ruin/
Here is a fascinating recount of Dr. Goddard's work on American rocketry, which began in WW I and continued until his death.
An Essay on Rocketry Pioneer Robert H. Goddard I have seen Dr. Goddard's rocket parts at the Smithsonian in DC. It's amazing to see that in less-than 50 years (43 years, actually, 1926-1969) we went from an initial liquid-propelled flight trajectory of < 50 feet in altitude, to the landing on the moon.

There are many developments which came from the research of Dr. Goddard: the bazooka, JATO (jet-assisted take-off) still in-use today, and of course, every liquid-propelled rocket can trace its lineage back to Goddard's pioneering work.

More reading:
https://gardenstatelegacy.com/files/Power_for_Progress_Dupont_GSL123.pdf
Goddard rocket.jpg

https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-media/NASM-A19650274000cp16
Goddard rocket vanes.png
From the Smithsonian collection, Dr. Goddard's finned tailpiece and rocket vanes designed to steer the missile. Much of Dr. Goddard's work was done in New Mexico, not-far from Roswell.

This is the first item I have posted Phil. Reaching out to my peeps if they have any interest in anything in particular. Mostly factory parts, some chrome bits and custom aftermarket. tones of cores for paint or Powdercoat both steel and aluminum parts. Bulk pricing of course ! About five complete engines and three or four partial motors.
I can part out carb racks, Vboost assemblies, ECUs and the like. Half dozen frames in various states of restoration from fresh paint to media blasted.
three or four new powdercoated swing arms including a notched and braced one. Housing and marital changes got me reassessing. Just sold some of my prized RC planes.
Do you still have not hed and braced swingarm??

From his 1st post:
Outright sale. $2,000 or best offer. Paint was close to that amount ten plus years ago and you know where material costs have gone. This price is shipped and insured to continental USA and insurance. They are perfect and new. Hope the videos speak for themselves.
Best to email me as I am rarely on here anymore.
[email protected]

Back