Customized Stock Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
This is my third attempt to make the stock seat more comfortable. Each time one gets better at it and can truly say that it made a huge difference on the length of time I could bare to stay in the saddle. Now I can travel for hours without the need to stop and stretch. All three sections have been chopped and altered and re-covered with boat vinyl.

The front and back seats both have 3/4" gel inserts and the front gel is covered by a very stretchy and weather resistant material. This material really allows the gel to do the best job of conforming to your bottom. Had the whole seat covered with vinyl before and to a large extent lost the unique weight distribution of the gel. I cut the gel down quite a bit to lessen the weight since it's only needed in a small area and not what is shown in the first trial picture.

Attachments

• S2a.jpg
    S2a.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 103
  • S4a.jpg
    S4a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 128
  • Side Saddle.jpg
    Side Saddle.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 177
For me, the stock V Max seat has to be the worst seat I have ever endured. I would like to get a used drivers section and experiment with some kind of insert like that. Good idea about the stretchy material.

Gary, you can get the whole package by browsing the Net. I forget who or where I bought mine two years ago. This is actually a seat cover for one of those big seats on a stationary bike like you would find in a gym. If I remember right, it was only $25 and the gel will even stay soft in cold weather. I used a small portion of the gel and also part of the cover as you can see. Feels great.

Back